Subject: forum + storeroom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florent Becker
France
Orléans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the storeroom's power work for declaring a forum win? Id est, if I have forum + storeroom + a full stock, have I won if my clientele is:
- Every role once, except laborer?
- Every role once, except laborer + 1 extra non-laborer client?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's something from the I.V rulebook on page 17:
Quote:
Forum combined with Storeroom
If you have completed both a Forum and a Storeroom then any
client may count as a Laborer towards the Forum victory condition
instead of its usual role. Clients may not count as both at once.

I'm not sure what "full stock" is that you refer to. It looks to me like you need 6 (edit: ) different clients to win with Forum. Storeroom can turn a client from something else into a Laborer, so if you were missing a laborer (but still had the other 5 clients and one duplicate), you would be OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it feels like a broken combo, then that's how you play it.

GLORY TO ROME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
bwingrave wrote:
Here's something from the I.V rulebook on page 17:
Quote:
Forum combined with Storeroom
If you have completed both a Forum and a Storeroom then any
client may count as a Laborer towards the Forum victory condition
instead of its usual role. Clients may not count as both at once.

I'm not sure what "full stock" is that you refer to. It looks to me like you need 6 (edit: ) different clients to win with Forum. Storeroom can turn a client from something else into a Laborer, so if you were missing a laborer (but still had the other 5 clients and one duplicate), you would be OK.

I think the "full stock" may refer to the Forum Romanum in the Republic rules. Because Republic Rules use only 2 cards to petition, the pool fills more easily, making clients easier to get, so the plain Forum is too easy. Forum Romanum adds an additional requirement of one of each material in your stockpile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brit Suttell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Ok, so along the same lines what about the Storeroom and the Plebian Council? If I have built the Storeroom and have more clients than my opponent, regardless of what Order they are, then each one would count as a laborer. My opponent has the built the Plebian Council, but as long as I have keep my clientele larger than hers, I would effectively block the Plebian Council, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
yes, because you have more laborers than she does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brit Suttell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Timothy! That's what I thought. My wife got a little annoyed last night because she had built the Plebian Council and was working towards that (I was clearly winning on influence and working on my Forum Romanum) with collecting laborers, then I built the storeroom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.