Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Boardgamegeek player aid is the way to go when learning the game and after game or two you won't even need that.
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/74480/cards-player-aid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
I recommend playing with a 4th, possibly 5th Class rules exorcist. You will need to provide the eye of newt, frog powder, crocodile teeth, and bottled moon beams. The headaches and hallucinations caused by reading the icons yourself can be lessened by breathing in the vapours of chicken stock to which ground unicorn powder has been added. For safe storage of the rulebook a lead-lined container placed on a spot where ley lines cross is sufficient. Mine only growled once every blue moon thereafter.

In short: to my knowledge, no alterations have been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no familiarity with the pearl games rulebook, but the z-man book was perfectly fine, all of the icons were good, and they included a second fixed card for the... bishopric I wanna say? that I sent out to an owner of the pearl games edition. I quite like the game, perhaps even love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the icons are intuitive, but most can be a bit confusing. You WILL need the cheat sheet for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played many times without much trouble, and I never used the cheat sheet.

The Z-Man rules (unlike the Pearl rules) come with a 2-page player aid that gives a good explanation of all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:

The Z-Man rules (unlike the Pearl rules) come with a 2-page player aid that gives a good explanation of all the cards.

The Z-man rules and the Pearl Games rules of the reprint are identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.