Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik is joined by Colby Dauch from Plaid Hat Games to talk about what to do after the game is designed.

Due to conflicting vacations, there is no review-a-palooza this episode.

RSS Feed: http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/rss
Email us: onboardgames.net@gmail.com
On Board Games Guild at Board Game Geek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice episode! It was way offtopic, but it was good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Is there any chance for a "What Now? - Part Two"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly. What would you like to hear it cover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The two of you covered a lot of ground during this conversation and it was great to listen in on the variety of topics you and Colby discussed.

I just found it interesting and wanted to hear more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greggory Delman
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting discussion. I think a lot of these one off publishers don't realize how much work and how much time and expertise it takes to make a successful game company. Plaid Hat and Stronghold are two companies that broke out of the pack to establish themselves. How many more small companies can you say the same about? I am curious to see how Greater than Games new project turns out and how that effects them going forward. Will they be locked into Sentinals, or will they be a well rounded game publisher? Perhaps getting a few different company representatives on at once to discuss their challenges would be fruitful.

In a side note, I find it funny that Erik was the main host this time. I am kind of dissapointed that there wasn't 40 minutes of build up how he took over the show from Don as seems to be required when an Eric/k does hosting duties. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david zammit
Australia
flag msg tools
wow, truly insightful! the whole reason I became a fan of the podcast was because of these discussions about small time publishing and what it takes to design and release your products. as I am a would be game designer and in the process of play testing I truly take all I hear from this cast along with other forum chatter to help me take each step.

thanks guys, give us more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayrk wrote:
what to do after the game is designed.

I know the focus of this episode was professional/for-profit publishing, but I'm also a fan (on the consumer end) of web-based print-and-play. It might not be a smart way to try making money, but it's an option if your primary goal is to reach players.

Good show.

I enjoyed hearing what you had to say, Colby whatever-your-last-name-is. (You, too Erik -- and thanks for keeping the blooper reel.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LurkingMeeple wrote:
I enjoyed hearing what you had to say, Colby whatever-your-last-name-is. (You, too Erik -- and thanks for keeping the blooper reel.)

It keeps me humble.

I'm a big fan of print and play. I love both the construction and the discovery of new (often free) games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could have been there for that. On the other hand listeners probably liked the break from my rants. Fear not though, I have a couple rants in the next episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.