Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wasserman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe via Boas
mb
lorna wrote:
Anyone in the Eugene Portland OR area want to do a bulk order?

If somebody in Eugene/Portland wanted just the base game, I'd be interested in piggy-backing for the two expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:

I may be interested Lorna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Mymil wrote:
lorna wrote:

If somebody in Eugene/Portland wanted just the base game, I'd be interested in piggy-backing for the two expansions.

The spots for the expansions are 16mm, same size than the plastic bricks second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Richard Ham gladly accepted to make me a video to play and explain a two player game.

I added it in the updates section of the project, hope you will like it

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/town-center-a-game-in-3d/x...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to calculate how much extra shipping would be if you add an extra copy + expansions to the pledge? Also I assume it is possible to add to the order you have already pledged?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Lorna,
If you already pledged for one copy to the US, the shipping costs were around 15/18E.

If you have pledged the level AGGLO with 3 copies, the shipping costs are 30E, so you should add around 7E to your second copy.

I think you should only pay the extra copy with NO extra shipping costs and at the end of the pledge, we will adjust the exact shipping costs, but that should be 7E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
Lorna,
If you already pledged for one copy to the US, the shipping costs were around 15/18E.

If you have pledged the level AGGLO with 3 copies, the shipping costs are 30E, so you should add around 7E to your second copy.

I think you should only pay the extra copy with NO extra shipping costs and at the end of the pledge, we will adjust the exact shipping costs, but that should be 7E
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance for Essen pick up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
There is no plan for Essen pick up since having a booth is too expensive like we did last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
It seems like there is an error in the English text about availability of expansions so please read :

Expansions will be stocker by retailers and the MSRP will. Be twice the price during the campaign

Another reason to pledge the levels with expansions if you like the game

Don't Forget to pratice the game during the campaign

http://www.boiteajeux.net/jeux/tow/partie.php

More than 1200 games have been completed in 5 days !!!

And when you will receive the games, you won't have to read the rules !
Sooooo nice!.!.!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the chances for a Kickstarter campaign starting?

Along the same lines, is there any chance for a KS campaign to have standard US shipping?

I'm betting no, but I'm still curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
I tried to start a KS campaign, but I have no US account and I am not an us citizen.
KS is very restrictive and it would have taken too many fees to transfer the money to Europe.
So the best way for us to fund the project was Indiegogo which is well known in North America and accepts Euros.

It works exactly like KS, you will have your copy very soon since we do not produce in China and we so not depend on shipping and customs since we produce in Germany. More over all the files are ready for the manufacter.

The only problem is the shipping costs for the US, but if we choose the Bundle offer, it divides by 2 the fees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. It's as I figured.

I don't know that the shipping is going to work out for me, but I'm keeping an eye on it anyway, as I am interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jimenez
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Hi Alban,

Could you please confirm whether or not there are shipping costs for the SUBURB level?

I didn't think about it until after and I only pledged 62 Euro...if there is supposed to be shipping added, how can I add that after I already pledged (apologies, I am more familiar with Kickstarter)?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
No problem, that's my own fault since I do not mention them in the description

The shipping costs for this level is 15€ which have to be added when you pay

Thanks for asking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
I tried to start a KS campaign, but I have no US account and I am not an us citizen.
KS is very restrictive and it would have taken too many fees to transfer the money to Europe.
So the best way for us to fund the project was Indiegogo which is well known in North America and accepts Euros.

It works exactly like KS, you will have your copy very soon since we do not produce in China and we so not depend on shipping and customs since we produce in Germany. More over all the files are ready for the manufacter.

The only problem is the shipping costs for the US, but if we choose the Bundle offer, it divides by 2 the fees

But you could ask a US publisher to work with you on setting up and running the KS campaign and handling all US distribution. Either you pay them a flat fee or fee per game shipped, or you ask them to cut you a certain percentage of every game sold in the US via the KS campaign. Sounds like a win-win-win for everyone. It appears that Queen basically does exactly this when they put games up on KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
nabla wrote:

But you could ask a US publisher to work with you on setting up and running the KS campaign and handling all US distribution. Either you pay them a flat fee or fee per game shipped, or you ask them to cut you a certain percentage of every game sold in the US via the KS campaign. Sounds like a win-win-win for everyone. It appears that Queen basically does exactly this when they put games up on KS.

Queen produces games at a different scale and expects to sell lots of copies into standard distribution.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Queen produced too many games to be interested in our project.
I would liked to produce this game for fun and pleasure, not to make good deal with publishers, to to worry about the sells, the MSRP, the shipping, the paypal fees...

Sampo gladly accepts to make the graphics, I spent many hours with manufacture in Germany and China in order to find the best deal for my fans.

In one word, this game was made by a fan of SimCity , just for fun. With the new crowdfunding platforms , it is easier to pledge projects so I decided to try this new way of funding projects.

I am very Happy that more than 70 backers have subscribed the project.
But that is NOT enought, there is still 30 days to pledge Town Center !

If Town Center was not pledged, I do not have time to show the game to publishers (I have a real job!!), so the game will still unrealeased, and I won't spend time to write the Small city campaign as well.

For me "games" are made for fun, not to be stressesd by the sells, the shippings and all problems after sells
-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nabla wrote:
Dumon wrote:

Fourthly, translation for the expansion rules?

Soon

Are you able to give a rough estimate of when you think the translation for the expansion rules will be made available? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
I promise This week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Uploaded the beta version of the second expansions

We reached yesterday 71% of the 10 000€
Still need the other 29% to go on the trilogy Small City
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you!

Edit: Oh, how about the rules for the citizens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
On monday I will post the rules for the citizens and with the new board

More than 5000 games have been completed in 35 days on

http://www.boiteajeux.net/jeux/tow/partie.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Indiegogo campaign falls short, and I sure hope it doesn't because I really want this game, look into working with http://www.kickinitgames.com/ to do a Kickstarter project. I have no doubt this would be a huge success on Kickstarter. They will run the project for you, so you don't have to worry about getting a US account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
You should do that even if the Indiegogo project funds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.