5 Posts

Balloon Cup» Forums » Rules

Subject: No playable card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can trade in up to 4 cards when you don't have any cards that play. If the new cards don't play you show them to the opponent. It isn't clear in the rules I have whether you again trade cards or if your turn is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you keep on doing the discard 4 cards and draw 4 more until you get a playable card.

The rules says you can do the discard 4 cards and draw 4 cards twice. If you are unable to play the 2nd time around, your turn is over and you don't get to play a card that turn.

I can't read to save my life.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
It isn't clear in the rules I have ...
Two sources right here on BGG

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/4917/balloon-cup-rules-doc

http://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/129735/english-rules

both provide this final sentence with the paragraph that covers this topic

If not, he ends his turn without placing a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
porkchop_tw wrote:
The rules says you can do the discard 4 cards and draw 4 cards twice. If you are unable to play the 2nd time around, your turn is over and you don't get to play a card that turn.
Wait, wait. Draw only once, but show twice.

Let's look at the complete paragraph

If a player cannot place any of his 8 cards, he shows them to his opponent to prove he cannot place a card. If he can place a card, he must. If not, he may discard up to 4 cards (choose how many first) and draw the same number from the supply. If he now can place a card, he does. If not, he again shows his cards to his opponent to prove this. If he can place a card, he must. If not, he ends his turn without placing a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.