Subject: Do All Black Boxes Come With Promos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering, if I pick this up through ebay, will it definitely have all the stretch goal promos with it? Are there copies of the Black Box out there that didn't come with the stretch goal stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not all boxes come with promos.

There were six different promotional items available for the Black Box. Backers could choose a number of these (based on the moment they had pledged). So, each copy can have a different set of promotional items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be wrong but I think the bonus items weren't in the gamebox itself but in the overall package sent to the bakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers guys. Do all black boxes come with all the bonus cards? That's the important part for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about: Glory to Rome Promo Cards

These are only included if the backers chose that as a reward. I'd say most would have chosen but I'm sure there are copies floating out there without the promo cards.

To my knowledge all copies of BB Edition does include these: Glory to Rome: Republic Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
If you're talking about: Glory to Rome Promo Cards

These are only included if the backers chose that as a reward. I'd say most would have chosen but I'm sure there are copies floating out there without the promo cards.

To my knowledge all copies of BB Edition does include these: Glory to Rome: Republic Expansion

If the box is in shrink, it doesn't have the Glory to Rome Promo Cards. The promo cards are cellophane wrapped and outside the box. I have a copy that is still in shrink and so did not come with the promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought retail and did not get the promos. When asked on here, someone from CGF said they would send the extra sets of promos to BGG. I doubt that will happen now due to the loss of employees and Ed having to re-launch the company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Have multiple copies with promos up for trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my blackbox comes with the promos. Without the actual blackbox game, though. Yeah, I ks the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Well, my blackbox comes with the promos. Without the actual blackbox game, though. Yeah, I ks the game.

Checks flag.... yep, Taiwan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there some problem with China not getting the game?

Thanks for the answers by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I bought retail and did not get the promos.
I bought retail last summer and did receive the promo deck, even though I didn't ask for it. But maybe my retailer had received them as part of a KS deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
charlest wrote:
I bought retail and did not get the promos.
I bought retail last summer and did receive the promo deck, even though I didn't ask for it. But maybe my retailer had received them as part of a KS deal.

Probably. I ordered from Miniature Market and I asked on BGG if the promo cards were supposed to be inclued in the retail edition (since the rulesheet for the cards was) and was told by a CGF employee that the retail version did not come with the promo cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now buying a copy from someone local who got it from KS so I believe I should get the full load of cards. Thanks for helping everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.