Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason to keep materials under completed buildings?

We usually return the cards used as materials to the box when the building is completed, but I've seen some who keep them under the building.
To my (limited) knowledge there's no rule or card that needs them there, and they do clutter the table, so... what's the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine go straight into the box, too. A couple of the expansion cards care, but I don't play with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I leave the cards under the building card, so that we know it is in fact a completed building, and not just a stray card someone set down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I leave the cards under the building card, so that we know it is in fact a completed building, and not just a stray card someone set down.

Can't think of any other reason than this. Just as long as used materials don't stay in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone can easily reach the box, there's no reason not to put the cards there. But if the box is off the table, or on a corner that not everyone can reach, it's easier just to put the cards under the completed building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:

Same here. It's obvious to me that you "used" those materials to build something so for me they "stay" on the building site

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I don't really see how boxing the cards under the building clutters the table in any way; They take up the same amount of space as the building, only taller.

We usually do that, because we play three or four games at a stretch and it's easier to leave everything on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.