Glory to Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just got the game and am confused about some notions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mb
Hi all,

just got the game and went through the rules yesterday. Most of it is pretty clear to me and the game seems fun. Now, I got a question regarding the Legionary.

If I choose to lead in Legionary, all other players may follow, right? So, let's say I'm player A and player B and C chose to follow. Player B has only one card left in his/her hand. Which is Rubble, I demand Rubble, so player B has to give me the only card left in his/her hand, therefore player B won't be able to demand anything. but because player B decided to follow, he/she also is not allow to think now... is this correct?

Another question regarding this thread: Which rules are recommended ? I read about different rules and am confused. What's all this with rules Imperial or Republic versions?? I got the flashy coloured version that says I.V Rules

Is there anything I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot guys,
Pedro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.

Imperial (standard IV rules) is the correct game, Republic is a half-baked beginner game that reduces the requirement to control the pool well and nerfs everything into a mush.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Lau
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
Player B cannot demand and he forfeited the opportunity to Think.

The original version you have is also called the Imperial version.

Republic version has 4 replacement cards and has some rules changes.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mb
Helped very much indeed! Thanks a lot guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
If I choose to lead in Legionary, all other players may follow, right? So, let's say I'm player A and player B and C chose to follow. Player B has only one card left in his/her hand. Which is Rubble, I demand Rubble, so player B has to give me the only card left in his/her hand, therefore player B won't be able to demand anything. but because player B decided to follow, he/she also is not allow to think now... is this correct?

thepackrat wrote:
That is correct.

And this is why some regular GtR players with one card left in their hand (once an order card is played) would not FOLLOW Legionary in this instance. Better to use a THINK to load up on cards (or maybe a Jack, which can't be taken by a Legionary) in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigtex01 wrote:
And this is why some regular GtR players with one card left in their hand (once an order card is played) would not FOLLOW Legionary in this instance. Better to use a THINK to load up on cards (or maybe a Jack, which can't be taken by a Legionary) in this case.

Or why an experienced player WOULD follow, specifically to divest himself of cards in preparation for Thinking on the next turn and drawing a whole new hand. Not with a Rubble left in hand, though. Nobody Legionaries Rubble, unless they have a Tower showing :)

It all just depends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.