Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberta Buckberg
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wig Out is a card game in the Gamewright 12-minute series. The deck has 60 cards depicting around 12 different goofy characters wearing outrageous hairstyles. Game play is REALLY fast and chaotic!

Each player gets 5-7 cards (depending on how many are playing). The dealer shouts "go" and then it's a furious race to see who can get rid of all of their cards first and shout "wig out!" You get rid of cards by laying a pair/three-of-a-kind,etc. on the table. Once a "set" with a particular face has been played by another player you can play your single cards onto it. If you have no sets to play and you cannot play any single cards on the sets of others, you draw a card from the draw pile, hoping to pair it up with one of your single cards.

Oh - and did I mention that everyone plays at once??? No turn-taking makes this a crazy and chaotic race to see who can grab and lay their cards the quickest. Winning requires speed and the ability to focus both on your hand and what cards others are playing on the table. The instructions call for multi-round play where the first player to "go out" gets a point for every card the players "caught" with cards are holding. We don't usually keep score and just play round by round.

It is a fun, fast, no-thought game for playing with kids. It goes so fast that even my son who is a very frustrated loser, has little or no time to pout or complain about losing. For what it is, an inexpensive, easy to learn, fast kids game, it is wonderful! Both my 8 year old and 10 year old enjoy it as do my husband and I. The best part is that it is only a TINY time committment to play and almost no set up or clean up,making it playable even when bedtime is looming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McGirk
South Korea
Pohang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice review.

What is the purpose of the cards that are flipped up at the beginning...can people grab them instead of drawing an unknown card?

How do you play?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. lost my rules. this was particularly helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.