Popular Tags: [View All]
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spike! Magazine card Violence at an All-time High! says:

This Week: After a standing player becomes downed, roll 1 dice. On a 'HIT' result, that downed player immediately becomes injuried.

If I play with the expansion and my just downed player has the Regeneration Skill, does it will trigger BEFORE che Spike! Magazine card effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
going by timing rules and logic i would say that i doesn't get the "chance" to get up since he becomes tackled AND injured at the same time...

Penso che quella specifica carta dica che NEL MOMENTO in cui fai un placcaggio tiri un dado: se fai colpito il giocatore è infortunato...
le abilità a terra si applicano solo se appunto finisci a terra... se invece divente DIRETTAMERNTE infortunato direi che non hai possibilità di rialzarti

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it could be as you say, but I don't read a clear right timing on the card text...

Furthermore the rules seem to give very high priority to the resolution of downed skills. From the rules: "Each time a player with downed skills is downed, the downed player's manager resolves these skills immediately, interrupting the active manager's turn. After completely resolving all of a player's downed skills, the active manager's turn resumes and he may resolve any other reamining standing skills icon on the card he has just played."

Se dicesse 'NEL MOMENTO' sarei d'accordo con te, ma la carta dice semplicemente 'Dopo che il giocatore è placcato...'. Mah, davvero non è chiaro, soprattutto perchè nella sezione che spiega come attivare le skill dei giocatori placcati (come puoi leggere sopra), descrive esplicitamente di interrompere il turno, attivare le skill e poi riprendere il turno da dove interrotto, interrompendo addirittura l'attivazione delle singole skill della carta attualmente in risoluzione; tutto ciò porterebbe a pensare a una priorità massima sull'impiego degli skill dei giocatori placcati. Però resta comunque il dubbio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
Taken from the rulebook:

Each time a player with downed skills is downed, the downed player’s
manager resolves these skills immediately, interrupting the active manager’s turn.

I've highlighted what I think are the key parts. If you can interrupt the opponent's turn and it is to be used immediately then I think that you would get to use it. I can see a justifiable argument either way and doubtless this is one that could use an official ruling...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elgin_j wrote:
Taken from the rulebook:

Each time a player with downed skills is downed, the downed player’s
manager resolves these skills immediately, interrupting the active manager’s turn.

I've highlighted what I think are the key parts. If you can interrupt the opponent's turn and it is to be used immediately then I think that you would get to use it. I can see a justifiable argument either way and doubtless this is one that could use an official ruling...

I think that is is important to note that the player being downed has the potential to still be injured if his regen skill fails. The active player would then roll to see if the current Highlight card's ability injures the targeted player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's for sure, but my doubt is about the Regeneration ability, triggering or not after the tackle (and before the Violence at an All-time High! card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the chance to injure is still part of the downed result action its not a seperate action that happens after. The player is downed and potentially injured, then there would be a pause moment for the downed player to interrupt and try to regen ( if he's not injured), then the other player can resume his turn. The injury check is applied immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
Yes, that's for sure, but my doubt is about the Regeneration ability, triggering or not after the tackle (and before the Violence at an All-time High! card).

As elgin_j quoted the rules earlier, each time a player with a downed skills is downed; the active players turn is paused and the downed skills are resolved immediately. Once the downed skills are resolved play continues. If the player with the downed skill manages to regen then the "Violence At An All-Time High" card is not enacted as there is not a downed player to injure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:

As elgin_j quoted the rules earlier, each time a player with a downed skills is downed; the active players turn is paused and the downed skills are resolved immediately. Once the downed skills are resolved play continues. If the player with the downed skill manages to regen then the "Violence At An All-Time High" card is not enacted as there is not a downed player to injure.

Ah ok, and yes, I'm inclined to this interpretation too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
shikosaki wrote:

Ah ok, and yes, I'm inclined to this interpretation too.

This is definitely a clash that needs an official ruling. You can make a decent argument either way and whilst I favour the use of regeneration I wouldn't be surprised if FFG ruled the other way. Unfortunately the FFG Beta forum has been closed for Sudden Death or I'd go there to try and solicit something official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.