I'm a Finnish geek. I got into board gaming in the beginning of 2009 thanks to an unlikely suspect, Arkham Horror
. I like all types of games and am willing to try anything at least once, but above everything else I like games that are FUN.
I like handling cards, shuffling cards and playing cards. I like attacking with miniatures, placing meeples and moving pawns. I like throwing dice, placing tiles and pushing cubes. I like flicking discs, placing trains and counting hexes. I like winning games, tieing games and losing games but most of all, I like playing games
Looks like my profile poll has been well liked by others and adopted into use! Feel free to copy this poll for your own use if you want to.My timeline:
30/12/2015 - Finished my 10x10 plays challenge for 2015
12/05/2015 - 20000th thumb received
01/01/2015 - Participated in the 10x10 plays challenge for 2015
30/12/2014 - Finished my 10x10 plays challenge for 2014
26/12/2014 - Published my top 25 board games of all time of 2014
30/05/2014 - Logged 2000th play (Zombicide
30/01/2014 - Five years on the geek!
01/01/2014 - Participated in the 10x10 plays challenge for 2014
23/11/2013 - Sleeved my second game (Coup
). Still feeling dirty.
12/11/2013 - Published my top 25 board games of all time of 2013
27/10/2013 - Clipped my first set of wargame counters (D-Day at Omaha Beach
26/01/2013 - Logged 1500th play (Castle Ravenloft
14/05/2012 - Backed my first Kickstarter project (Sentinels of the Multiverse: Infernal Relics
22/04/2012 - Sleeved my first cards (role cards in Citadels). Immediately felt dirty.
03/03/2012 - Purchased 100 microbadges within one day
17/02/2012 - 1000th post / BGG Regular
18/10/2011 - 10000th thumb received / Golden Meeple
26/09/2011 - Logged 1000th play (Pandemic
10/09/2011 - 9000th thumb received
06/09/2011 - 8000th thumb received
21/04/2011 - 7000th thumb received
08/02/2011 - 50th session report submitted
31/01/2011 - 6000th thumb received
03/01/2011 - 5000th thumb received
18/09/2010 - 4000th thumb received
17/09/2010 - 1st review submitted
19/08/2010 - Started updating my boardgame blog
04/08/2010 - 3000th thumb received
15/06/2010 - 5th geeklist submitted
13/06/2010 - Logged 500th play (Dominion
31/05/2010 - Purchased ÜberGeekBadge
25/03/2010 - 2000th thumb received
04/09/2009 - 1000th thumb received
17/08/2009 - Purchased GeekBadge - ZOMBIE HAT
12/05/2009 - 500th thumb received
11/05/2009 - 1st geeklist submitted
10/05/2009 - 1st microbadge: Copper session reporter
10/05/2009 - 5th session report submitted
04/05/2009 - Avatar purchased
13/04/2009 - 1st session report submitted
13/02/2009 - 1st image submitted
30/01/2009 - RegisteredRecently on my table:My Extended StatsMy BGG-habits:Game collection & wishlist:
- My game collection is always up to date.
- My wishlist is always up to date. If you're going to buy a game for me, buy one I've rated 2 or 3. Not the ones I've rated 1 or 4.
- I use "Want to play" to keep track of my owned promos and minor expansions so they don't clutter up my collection.Play logging:
- I log every "real" game I play - virtual games don't count
- I do not log expansion plays, just the base game
- I add a small comment to each of my playsRating:
- I try to briefly comment on every game I've played or own
- I give games a preliminary rating after my first play and after a few more plays "finalize" the ratingGeekBuddies:
- By all means, feel free to add me as a geekbuddy.