UPDATE 2 - See Item 1098 on the "Look What My Secret Santa Got Me" list.
UPDATE - Santa's Elves placed a special package on my very full, very crowded back porch to make it a little more difficult to find before Christmas, but luckily my wife spotted the box while doing a little post-Thanksgiving cleaning. Not wanting to wait until Christmas, I opened up the present and found THREE!!! great games - Terra Mystica, King of Tokyo - Halloween, and Expeditions: Famous Explorers. All three will get plenty of playing time and are much appreciated! Thanks, Secret Santa, for a thoughtful and fun Christmas present.
Secret Santa 2013 - Santa wanted to know the answers to a few questions while I was sitting on his (or her) knee at Higbee's Department Store, so, after thinking a bit, here they are:
1) Have you updated your want/wishlist lately? Yep, I try to keep it minty fresh.
2) What is the grail of all grails and why? I recently picked up my Grail Game, Full Metal Planet, and really don't have one in mind now. I fell in love with FMP on the Amiga. The mechanics are spiffy, the production value is great, and it's a wargame that doesn't play like a wargame.
3) Do you have any other hobbies aside from gaming? Yep, (takes a big breath)I read, love Disney stuff, juggle, do a little magic, play disc golf, ride bikes, hike, run, swim, go to Disney with my grandkids, travel, cook, mess around with computers, follow my faith, go to school, follow most nerd, geek, and dork stuff, and generally am attracted/distracted to almost anything shiny.
4) How often do you game and who is your biggest gaming partner? I will game with anyone at least once, but currently mostly play with my family (anywhere from two to seven players).
5) One last thing, for now...Do you like sweets? Yep, everything goes better with chocolate (and bacon).
A Little About Me:
1) I have around in the high hundreds maybe over a thousand games. And have played most of them. I've been slowly adding them to my collection. I try to say something about every game but for various reasons I haven't commented and rated all that I've listed. I'll work on that, too.
2) The best thrifting I ever had was in the mid '80's while in Colorado Springs. Germany is a close second though.
3) I had to give up gaming for ten years as part of working through my overly developed competitive nature. I'm better now.
4) I married a gamer and have raised two gaming kids, all of whom beat me with regularity and I've added four grand kids to the mix!
5) My favorite venue to game in is at an all you can eat pizza buffet restaurant.