I live in a little town called Oxford, Mississippi, home of the University of Mississippi or "Ole Miss". I work as a Network Administrator for a small company in town. I am Married with two children 15 and 11.
A friend (kevinfelker42) and I have started a game group in Oxford. It's been going for about ten years, and we've grown (and shrank) some during this time. If you're in the area, or just dropping by, drop me a note and we'll see if we can put something together.
Also, if you're interested in coming or just learning more about us we also discuss games and events on our Meetup Group at http://www.meetup.com/NorthMS-GamersWeblog
I run a blog with some other members of my family. I occasionally talk about board game related items, but it's usually a random and eclectic mix of different things I'm interested in at that time. You can find it at: http://www.boothenet.comRatings
I use my own rating scale, not BGG's scale. It's on a 5 point scale. Ratings will fall into one of 5 categories with one exception:
SybotCB's rating system - - - - - - - - - - - - - wrote:
TOP SHELFTop Ten
- This is a special category, I rate a few games a '10'. 10's are very special to me. These represent the cream of the crop to me, I always want to play them, and probably always will. No new game will ever be declared a 10, these are only given after significant play experience LOVE IT
- Love these games. These are top shelf, will always want to play this, probably will suggest it, likely never want to turn down a game. LIKE IT
- These games are fun and I enjoy playing them. I might need to be a certain mood to play it. I would likely suggest these games to someone wanting to play depending upon our moods. MEH
- These games are games where I didn't have a strong reaction one way or the other. They might be fun for some people, even a lot. But there are other games I'd probably rather play. I would play these, even happily in many cases. But I'd probably never suggest it. DO NOT LIKE
- These are games I did not or do not enjoy playing most of the time. I would probably play these games if group decision warranted it, but the suggestion will never come from me in this category. HATE IT
- These are games where I actively hated playing the game, or there are game breaking issues or problems with the game. I will most likely never play any of these games again unless extenuating circumstances apply.
Top 10 are my Top 10 as of whenever I last updated the list. These are most likely games I will always want to play.
Hot 10 are the games I most want to play right now, as of the last time I updated the list.BGG Extended Statshttp://friendless.servegame.org/dynamic/result/SybotCB