User Profile for Tall_Walt
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
If you're looking for gaming in Orange County, California, feel free to Geekmail me for information on groups in OC, click on the organizer micro-badge, above, or click Orange County Board Gamers
.Happy Holiday Season
Hallowmas to Epiphany, just to put Christian bounds on it. It also includes civil holidays, notably Thanksgiving and Veterans Day in the US, and holidays from most religions.
Happy Holidays! The holidays I've tried (poorly) to portray are:
* Halloween (representing also the following All Saints Day and All Souls Day)
* Veterans Day (Armistice Day) The flag is a 48 star US flag.
* First Sunday of Advent (blue candle)
* Second Sunday of Advent (blue candle)
* Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day ("We always will remember/The seventh of December"). The IJN battle flag of the time.
* Third Sunday of Advent (blue candle)
* Fourth Sunday of Advent (pink candle)
* Christmas (But 12 days of Christmas isn't just a song; the second day is Boxing Day in many countries, but also it's the Feast of Stephen, as in, "Good King Wenceslaus went out/On...."
* New Years Day ("1" at least looks clear)
* Epiphany, the 12th day of Christmas, symbolized by a star.
My thesis is that we should not forget the other holy and national days by fixating solely on Christmas.
See America First
This was the slogan Great Northern Railway adopted in 1906. At the time, most Americans vacationed in the usual spots in Europe, but the newly created National Parks provided spectacular vacation spots. Glacier National Park's creation is attributed to GNR's See America First campaign.
And it's still a great idea, even if you aren't American!Featured places:
Hollywood sign, Hollywood California.
Joshua Tree National Park, California
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho: "For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People"--quoted from the law establishing the US National Park system by President Theodore Roosevelt.
Devil's Tower National Monument, Wyoming.
Half Dome, California
Death Valley, CA (extremely hazardous in Summer!)
San Diego, CA Home of countless museums, including the incomparable San Diego Zoo; the Pacific Fleet, 1st MEF, SEAL school, Top Gun; Sea World, Legoland; Comic-Con; and goodness knows what all. It's not New York or London--but it has much nicer weather!
User Details for Tall_Walt
|Last Profile Update:
|| United States
Send Private Message to Tall_Walt