I came. I saw.
I lost miserably.
I'm currently looking for a job in Radiation Oncology, but I won't finish residency until June 2015. I have again started mountain biking because my son is now old enough to go with me, although at a slower pace. I'll get him up to speed eventually. Our other kids still play games with us.
Notes on the Profile.
The Top 10 don't get updated that often, and they reflect a combination of games I like and games I like due to nostalgia. Nostalgia can trump game play in some cases.
The Hot 10 are a reflection of the games I have played in the last 3 months. Games can move up or down a play or two based on the game length, but not much more than that. As a result, there are many shorter games ont he list, but the longer games tend to be games that I own or that are new to people I play with.
Things done on the Geek:
Mountains of Madness
I made it past the wyvern and salamnder. In the Giant city, I was stoned in the park. I got lost in the maze, then beat down by the minotaur, thus meeting my demise.
Dungeon of Doom
I made it to room 4-1 before being beaten down by a cyclops. I found a pretty nifty ring that keeps me company.
One of the great things about BoardGameGeek is Winkles, who adds much liveliness and joy to the world. In honor of Winkles, I include reasons that giraffes are cooler than elephants.
1) Giraffes are taller.
2) Giraffes look different in Technicolor, while elephants are still just grey.
3) The big ears are just strange.
4) Spots are cooler than plain colors.
5) People ride elephants. Giraffes are too cool for that.
6) Giraffes are skinny, and they would make great runway models.
7) The trunk would make it diffficult to give anyone a kiss.
8) Winkles is a giraffe, not an elephant.