Game series of the Great Battles of the American Civil Wars, often abreviated to GBACW which covers Civil War battles on a regimental scale.
Originally developed by Richard H. Berg, the game system evolved from Terrible Swift Sword: Three Days at Gettysburg (SPI, 1976) over several decades and spanning many design variations from many game companies. Each game uses a common set of Standard Rules and a unique set of Exclusive rules.
1. Series Games
- SPI (Simulations Publications, Inc.)
- Terrible Swift Sword (Gettysburg), 1976
- Stonewall (Kernstown), 1978
- Bloody April (Shiloh), 1979
- Pea Ridge, 1980
- Drive on Washington (Monocacy Junction), 1980
- Wilson's Creek (Wilson's Creek: The West's First Fight, August 10, 1861), 1980
- Cedar Mountain, 1981
- Jackson at the Crossroads (Cross Keys and Port Republic), 1981
- Corinth, 1981
- 3W (World Wide Wargames)
- SDC (Simulations Design Corporation)
- Simulation Design, Inc.
- GMT Games
Russ Gifford (Russ G.) has produced an excellent 10 part Powerpoint tutorial for this game series. It can be downloaded from the Files section of TSS. Direct links to the files: