W. Eric Martin
• U.S. publisher Rio Grande Games has a number of titles – some new and some new-ish – due out in June and July 2012, according to ACD Distribution. Titles due out in June 2012 are:
-----• Monster Factory, continuing the Donald X. Vaccarino Spring 2012 game release marathon, with cartoonist Nina Paley being the game's co-designer. Not much has been revealed about the game play, but I'm sure that information hole will be filled shortly after the game's release.
-----• Credit Mobilier, by Max Michael, this being a new edition of a title Michael first released through his own StrataMax Games in 2007.
-----• Titania, by Rüdiger Dorn, which is something of a surprise given that (1) Hans im Glück first released Titania in 2010 and (2) HiG recently announced that Rio Grande Games would no longer be its English-language publishing partner.
-----• Roll to the South Pole, a dice-rolling racing game by Emil Amundsen, Eilif Svensson and Kristian Amundsen Østby that was delayed for a few months after an initial launch due to the inclusion of the wrong dice.
And a single title is listed for July 2012: Robert K. Gabhart's Arctic Scavengers, previously self-published in 2009 by Driftwood Games and one of the first deck-building games to follow in the mighty wake created by Vaccarino's Dominion (just to bring this section full circle).
• Uwe Rosenberg's Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small from Lookout Games debuted in English at the UK Games Expo at the end of May 2012, and Filosofia's Sophie Gravel has verified that the Z-Man Games release will arrived at its warehouse in mid-June and should be in stores by the end of the month.
• Valley Games has noted that the ship carrying D-Day Dice started its journey to North America on June 4, 2012. If it couldn't have gone ashore on June 6, it should have at least launched on that date, donchathink?
• U.S. distributor GTS Distribution has gained an exclusive distribution deal within that country for Stefan Feld's Trajan, which debuted at Spiel 2011 from German publisher Ammonit Spiele. GTS already has exclusive U.S. distribution for 2012 Kennerspiel des Jahres nominee K2 and its Broad Peak expansion, and it will carry the Kickstarted game Police Precinct from Ole Steiness and Common Man Games once that title is released in Q4 2012. GTS expects to have Trajan available for retail stores to order in July 2012.
• Shadi Torbey's Equilibrion, already released in Canada by Filosofia and due for a June 2012 release in the U.S. from Z-Man Games, has been pulled from the market after the publishers were "recently informed that Equilibrion's title was similar to another trademarked game's name", according to a Facebook post on the Z-Man page. (Presumably the similarly named item is FoxMind Games' Equilibrio, which is really more of a puzzle kit than a game, but I can understand the concern over name confusion.) As a result, Filosofia and Z-Man are retooling the game and plan to release it under the title Urbion in September 2012.