W. Eric MartinUnited States
K2 at Spiel 2011. Details in a thread on the BGG game page.
• Mayfair Games has announced an October 2011 release date for its version of Martin Wallace's Discworld: Ankh-Morpork.
• And Mayfair has also announced that 1830 "is delayed in production due to issues beyond the scope of our control". As a result, Mayfair expects that the game will ship in September/October 2011.
• Stronghold Games has announced that Crude: The Oil Game will be ready no earlier than Q1 2012 due to its "technically-demanding production".
• Valley Games has released replacement dice – "lacquered black wooden dice embossed with the symbols for the game" – for Commands & Colors: Napoleonics.
• Italian publisher dV Giochi released an expansion for Lupus in Tabula on August 8: La Vendetta della Lupa Mannara, aka Lady Werewolf's Revenge. This expansion includes new special characters, wicked and innocent Auras, Hamlet's skull (!) and other additions for the base game, with rules in English and Italian for 4-30 players.
• Not new so much as new edition, but in any case Bernd Eisenstein has informed me that a new edition of Peloponnes should be available in September 2011. He previously noted on BGG that the printing company that first manufactured the game no longer exists, so this edition has been produced as if for the first time, with the following changes:
-----* The box is 1 cm longer on each side (31 x 31 cm).
-----* The rulesheet is bigger.
-----* There are no gold coins in the game, only silver (grey).
-----* The countersheet is more stable and the misprint of one tile is corrected, with the rules being corrected as well.
• Along the same lines, Histogame has opened preorders for Friedrich Jubiläumsedition, a reprint of the 2004 release from designer Richard Sivél that has a few minor changes.
• At Gen Con 2011, Wizards of the Coast announced that it had taken Dungeon of Dread off its publication schedule and added on a new title called Lords of Waterdeep. In his Gen Con coverage, Matt Carlson describes the game as follows: "[A] Euro-style game set in the famous city of Waterdeep. Players recruit adventurers, put plans into motion, and backstab each other in order to win the game."
• Munchkin Deluxe is now available in U.S. game stores.