W. Eric Martin
• Designer Keith Baker talks about Cthulhu Gloom on DiehardGameFAN.com. For more on the game, check out Baker's designer notes (PDF) posted by publisher Atlas Games, which include "tips and tricks for playing the game, variants to make your game that much gloomier, and conversion rules for mixing it with the original Gloom".
• Repos Production notes on its French news page that replacement cards have arrived for 7 Wonders: Leaders and will be available via game stores.
• The Spiel der Spiele – Austria's "Game of the Year" award – has been announced by the Wiener Spiele Akademie, and the winner is Wolfgang Kramer's Asara, which was also a Spiel des Jahres nominee. The Akademie also dubbed several games as a "Spiele Hit", those being split into four categories:
-----* For experts: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
-----* Among friends: 7 Wonders and Fortytwo (a Piatnik release not even in the BGG database right now)
-----* For families: Mord im Arosa, Qwirkle, Uluru and Voll in Fahrt
-----* For children: LEGO's Heroica series and Schusselhexe
• In other award news, the fourth annual Dice Tower Awards have been announced, with 7 Wonders picking up yet another "game of the year" award. Jury participant Ryan Metzler gives a rundown of all the awards and nominees in this Geeklist.
• And in still other award news, the nominees for the 2011 Graf Ludo – a German award for game graphics – have been announced, with Safranito, Eselsbrücke and Mount Draco being the nominees in the family category and Monsterfalle, Der verflixte Zaubertrank and Voll in Fahrt being the children's nominees. Perenniel fave Michael Menzel picked up three of the nominations.
• The 2012 World Wide Catan Championship will take place in September "just outside of legendary Valley Forge, PA, at the historic Normandy Farm," according to a press release from Mayfair Games, marking only the second time that the event has been held in the U.S.