Bobby's Games

I will be posting monthly recaps of my gaming which I used to do in GeekLists, but it has been a long, long time since that was he norm. I'll also be commenting on games on occasion, though I can tell you that I will be behind the curve because I just don't get to play the new games as soon as some people do.
 Thumb up

Progress on my Dominion storage and transport solution...

Bobby Warren
United States
flag msg tools
La cheeserie!
I wanted to follow up on my previous post about Dominion storage.

For all the large expansions, I ended up having to use 400-count boxes for them. I found some BCW 330-count boxes at a local comic ship, but the inside was still stamped 300, so I am not sure they were really the 330s. Nothing I found online indicated that they would be marked any differently and the BCW info says they are meant for 300 cards.

For the dividers, I bought a brick of 100 golden age backing boards and had them cut into eight pieces. They are almost too wide for the boxes and the fit is snug, but it works. I made simple labels for each card using file folder labels and sticking them to the top of the divider cards. I thought about putting all kinds of info on the cards, but in the end all I need is the names. I still have hundreds of cards I can use for other things and may now create labels and dividers for Resident Evil, which I also have in a 400-count box for ease of transport.

If the set came with coins or markers, I put the markers in plastic quarter tubes I bought at Hobby Lobby. These fill the extra space in those boxes. For Intrigue and the base game, I pulled out some of the foam that came in the Thunderstone expansions at the end of the box to stop the cards from being too loose in the box. I'll also be able to use the foam to support the leftover cards when we are playing.

Alchemy fit in a 200-count box and the basic cards for every game and the promos are in a 300/330-count box.

Because the divider cards are cut to pretty much fill the available space, I do not have room for the player mat cards from Seaside, like the one for the Pirate Ship, or the mats from Prosperity. I am planning on scanning them and printing them off as card-size labels which I will put on some old Magic or playing cards and then will sleeve. This way, we will have something to use when the appropriate cards come out.

Once I get labels created for the boxes I will try and get some pictures taken so I can demonstrate what I ended up doing.
Twitter Facebook
Subscribe sub options Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 pm
Post Rolls
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.