David NeumannUnited States
WisconsinIn life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
Isle of Skye Released for Mobile
Yesterday we learned that Digidiced UG had added another game to their growing list of "games under development", Stockpile. At the time we wondered how they'd pull it off while still developing both The Castles of Burgundy for next year and Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King for later this year. Turns out they had already cleaned their plate of one of those titles and today we get a shiny new app to show for it.
The Isle of Skye released today for Android where you can currently download it for $5. The iOS version appears to either be stuck in Apple gauntlet hell or maybe is just taking a little longer to percolate through their servers. In other words, it's not out for iOS yet. Here's the mandatory blurb:[company=35232 wrote:[/company]"]Five clans are fighting to rule over the Isle of Skye. Only the chieftain who develops the best clan territory and trades wisely will be king!Sounds good to me! [This is what Dave writes when he hasn't played the game and has no idea how to comment -ed.]
When leaving your castle, build up the Isle of Skye by adding green hills, perfect beaches and mountain ranges. Raise livestock, produce precious whisky, build forts and ships... Expand your territory tile by tile, pay to keep hold of your tiles or sell them to an opponent for the price you've set... Tile price setting, purchases, sales, and structures are the key to becoming the ruler of the Isle of Skye!
Every game is different and will see you developing different strategies and tactics! With changeability and easy to learn rules, Isle of Skye is the perfect game for all types of players.
• Both simple and tactical game mechanics, adapted from the award-winning Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King board game by Andreas Pelikan & Alexander Pfister
• 1 to 5 players
• Play in single-player with challenging computer opponents, against your friends in local multiplayer, or face clans from all over the world in online mode!
• Choice of objectives: Select 4 of 16 different objectives for a unique gameplay that changes every time
• Learn the rules with our Interactive tutorial or even watch games of the top players on your device!
• Take your time in asynchronous game mode with push notifications and never miss a turn.
• See fabulous illustrations by Klemens Franz, which make for a true Scottish atmosphere!
You can nab it for Android at the link below and I'll try to remember to update this post when the iOS link goes live.
- Isle of Skye for iOS Universal, $5
- Isle of Skye: The Tactical Board Game for Android, $5
Among the best things in life is playing printed games in person with family and close friends. When those are not convenient we like iOS Board Games. News, reviews, previews, and opinions about board gaming on iPhones, iPads, iPods and even Android devices. (iPhone board games, iPad board games, iPod board games, Android board games)
18 Jul 2018
- [+] Dice rolls