W. Eric Martin
• Calliope Games will release Tsuro of the Seas in August 2012, and while game play largely resembles that of Tsuro – with players trying to stay alive on the game board longer than anyone else to win – the game does have one big difference: daikaiju tiles, which represent sea monsters and other creatures of the deep. On the active player's turn, he rolls two six-sided dice; on a sum of 6, 7 or 8, the daikaiju will move, while on any other sum they'll stay in place. To determine which direction the daikaiju tiles move, the player then rolls one die. If a daikaiju tile hits a wake tile, a ship, or another daikaiju tile, the object hit is removed from the game. The more daikaiju tiles on the game board, the faster players will find themselves trying to breathe water...
• Alliance Game Distributors is now listing Tom Lehmann's Race for the Galaxy: Alien Artifacts as a May 2012 release. (Previously I had the game listed as a "Q2 2012" release, so this is a tad more specific.)
• On Facebook, Soda Pop Miniatures has announced that the second printing of Super Dungeon Explore is now in transit to the U.S. and "will be ready to ship by June 14".
In related news, SPM has shown off a number of forthcoming expansions for Super Dungeon Explore at the GAMA Trade Show and other conventions. Those expansions consist of:
-----–Super Dungeon Explore: Caverns of Roxor (MSRP $60)
-----–Super Dungeon Explore: Rock Top Gang (MSRP $35)
-----–Super Dungeon Explore: Fireflow Denizens (MSRP $30)
-----–Super Dungeon Explore: Herald of Vulnanis (MSRP $13)
A post in the SPM forums mentions three additional expansions – Princess Ruby, Deeproot Scout, and Rock Gut the Troll – shown in the first issue of the miniatures magazine Ravage, but the four expansions listed at top are being solicited by Alliance Game Distributors, so they're likely to be more impending than the others. That's my thinking anyway...
Pics of some of these expansions can be seen in this GAMA-related post on the Garden Ninja Painting Studio blog. (Garden whaaaat?) Note that this image shows yet-another-expansion – Dragon's Clutch – not mentioned in either of the two spots listed above. Curious.
Another issue of curiosity are the release dates for these expansions. A promotional image for Super Dungeon Explore: Caverns of Roxor from PAX East lists a Q3 2012 release date, while Alliance is soliciting orders for the four items listed above (which includes Caverns of Roxor) with a listed release date of May 2012. And yet the second printing won't be ready for shipping until June. Hmm.
In any case, lots of Super Dungeon Explore coming at some point in some form...
• ICv2 reports that Japanime Games, publisher of the English-language versions of the Tanto Cuore line, will release an English version of Barbarossa in "late 2012", most likely in December. Barbarossa, for those who don't know, is a deck-building game about buxom, underdressed Nazi strumpets who are trying to invade Moscow – you know, that old yarn...
• Alliance Game Distributors reports that the Z-Man Games edition of Dan Schnake's and Adam West's Ninjato will be back in stock in mid-May 2012.
• Bandai's Uncharted: The Board Game now has a U.S. street date of June 8, 2012.
• Killer Bunnies and the Conquest of the Magic Carrot: Red Booster Deck from Playroom Entertainment has a U.S. street date of May 4, 2012.
• Mantic Games' Project Pandora: Grim Cargo has reached distributors in the U.S. and should be in stores soon.