Boardgamers of Michiana April 2012 Math Trade
- Clint HerronUnited States
Ohio♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
Welcome to the Boardgamers of Michiana April 2012 No-Ship Math Trade.Recommend
These rules are shamelessly borrowed from the Madison, WI August no-ship math trade.
This math trade will be open to any and all in the Michiana area. You must be willing and able to meet (or have a representative deliver / pick-up your games) on Saturday, April 28th at 6pm at River Oaks Community Church in Elkhart, IN to participate in the trade.
Deadline to add games: 11:30 PM Eastern Time on Sunday, April 22
Want Lists Due: 11:30 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, April 26
Results Posted: by 11:30 AM Eastern Time on Friday, April 27 at the latest
Trade Happens: 6:00 PM Eastern Time on Saturday, April 28 @ River Oaks Community Church in Elkhart, IN
Discussion Forum: Anyone Up for a Math Trade?
Brief Rules and Information:
Below is the official list of game submissions into the trade. You must be a BGG member to post items (for those of you coming to this from outside BGG). The request list linked to above can be used as a guide to what others here might want to trade for, but feel free to add any / all items you think might have a chance.
This will be a pretty standard math trade, using OLWLG to handle generating want lists, and TradeMaximizer to do the heavy lifting of determining how all the trades should happen. If you haven't done a math trade yet, check out http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555/math-trade-guide for an excellent introduction to the topic.
PLEASE NOTE: you do NOT need to use the OLWLG tool to add games to the trade -- you just add games to that Geeklist like any other Geeklist, and the OLWLG tool picks them out.
We'll only use the OLWLG for the *next* step. For now, you can safely ignore it.
It's important to understand the core concepts of math trading, and especially make sure that you understand how the want list works. If so, you will never be forced to make a trade you didn't intend to make, and worst case, you simply won't be involved in any trades.
1. Let's keep the trading generally limited to board, card and RPG games in BGG. However, if you do have an item which you think would appeal to this trade, according to your discretion, feel free to list it.
2. Special entries (unlisted game, game component or non game item) must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.
3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.
4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.
5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.
6. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.
7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.
8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
9. Duplicate protection is enabled; see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 for how-to instructions
10. In person trade: Please plan on attending game day on Saturday, April 28th at 6pm @ River Oaks Community Church in Elkhart, IN, or if unable, please arrange to have a proxy handle your games (and please let me know if this will be the case.) Bring all your outgoing trade items, clearly labeled with the name of the target person.
11. Any other questions or issues, please discuss in the geeklist comments section below.
Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
Other Useful Links:
Math Trades for Dummies primer: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, April 22nd, 2012, 11:30 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 11:30 PM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls