Gathering In The Park 3 No Ship Math Trade
- Tina McDuffie(tgmcduff)United States
South CarolinaShe who laughs... lasts!
Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math TRADE LISTRecommend
Post the Games You Have for Trade Here!
This is the Geek list where you post the games you want to trade away. Please read this entire post before proceeding.
* Gathering in the Park Facebook Page
* Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math Trade List (You Are Here)
* Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math Trade Discussion Thread
* Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math Trade Request List
* OnLine Want List Generator (OLWLG) Web Site
About the Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math Trade
This Math Trade is for registered attendees of Gathering In The Park 3 (GitP) only. The intent of this Math Trade is that the games will be brought to Gathering in the Park on Sunday, July 1, 2012, thereby saving everyone the cost of shipping.
Information on Gathering in the Park, including information on registering to attend the Gathering in the Park 3 can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/gatheringinthepark
1. You must be registered for Gathering in the Park 3, July 1, 2012 in order to participate.
2. You must attend Gathering in the Park 3, or designate a proxy, to deliver and pick up your trades.
3. This Math Trade is for GAMES ONLY: Board Games, Card Games, RPGs, and Video Games. No cash, Geek Gold, DVDs, etc.
4. When listing your item here, identify the edition and language in your post, if appropriate. In the absence of any edition information, when multiple editions exist, folks will assume your game is the most current English language edition from a U.S. publisher.
5. Select the image that best matches the edition of the game you are listing for trade.
6. Accurately describe the condition using the terms NEW, LIKE NEW, VERY GOOD, GOOD, or ACCEPTABLE using BGG's CONDITION GUIDE, as follows:
* NEW - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged game in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.
* LIKE NEW - Game just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets of the game are intact.
* VERY GOOD - Very minimal wear and tear. All game materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.
* GOOD - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All game materials are present.
* ACCEPTABLE - Some damage to the box, but the game is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. May be missing a non-crucial game piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are available on the web. Scuffing on the game board.
If the condition is GOOD or ACCEPTABLE, provide specifics about the damage and/or missing pieces. If your game is open then you must inventory the contents and list any missing items.
7. Sweeteners are allowed. List any Sweeteners in your Geek List Item description using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or by manually inserting it using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweeteners will not show up in the OLWLG.
8. Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as sweeteners.
9. DO NOT DELETE ITEMS or SWEETENERS once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for a particular game if you've changed your mind or traded it away before the deadline.
10. Duplicates are allowed.
11. OnLine Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used to acquire participants' want lists; manually entered lists will not be accepted. (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/)
12. All questions or comments should be posted to the Gathering in the Park 3 Math Trade Discussion Thread. Other people may have the same question. This way everyone can reference it if they need to.
13. Warning: Anyone involved in a trade, that does not come to the event to complete their portion of the trade, will be responsible for ALL shipping costs necessary to complete his trades. Thus, if you are not present at GitP and do not have a proxy present to handle your trades, you will be responsible for both shipping the games that you traded away AND paying the cost of shipping the games that you were to receive.
14. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the trade results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition, if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
Help is available: Tina (me) at Here Be Books & Games is willing to assist you with the trading process. You can drop by the store or give me a call. We want as many people as possible to participate. So give it a shot, even if this is your first Math Trade ever.
This is my first time running a math trade so please please feel free to give me constructive criticisms.
Please consider tipping BGG members JeffyJeff for his OLWLG tool and cokasaki for his TradeMaximizer tool.
Important Dates & Times (EDT)
* Game Submission List Opens: RIGHT NOW (June 11, 2012)
* Game Submission List Closes: 9:00 PM, Thursday, June 21, 2012
* OWLG Want List Deadline: 6:00 PM, Tuesday, June 26, 2012
* Results Posted: 8:00 PM, Wednesday, June 27, 2012 (or sooner) UPDATED
* Results Official: 8:00 PM, Wednesday, June 27, 2012
* Trade Date: 2:00 PM, Sunday, July 1, 2012
How It Works - Step by Step
1. Read this entire post.
2. Post the games you want to trade as individual Geek List Items to this Geek List describing the edition, condition and choosing an appropriate image for the Geek List Item by the deadline shown above.
3. Post any games you would like to see people offer for trade on the Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math Trade Request List, which is a separate Geek List set up for that express purpose.
4. Post any comments, questions, etc. to the Gathering in the Park 3 No Ship Math Trade Discussion Thread.
5. When the the Trade List closes, go to the OnLine Want List Generator (OLWLG) Web Site. The first time you visit, you'll be asked to provide your BGG username. OLWLG will then send you a link by GeekMail that you can use to enter and use OLWLG thereafter.
Help & FAQs
* What is a Math Trade? Check out Lindsey's Math Trade Guide.
* Math Trade Video Tutorials.
* What is the OLWLG tool? See OLWG Wiki.
* Steve's Geek List with pictures on How to Use the OLWLG.
* Chris's geeklist w/images on How to Use Duplicate Protection in the OLWLG.
* If this all seems overwhelming or you need more help, call Tina at Here Be Books & Games (843) 695-1498. Tuesday thru Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Or better yet, visit the store so she can walk you through what you need to do right on the computer.
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, 21 Jun 2012, 21:00 EDT (9:00 PM)
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, 26 June 2012, 18:00 EDT (6:00 PM)
Reminder: DO NOT DELETE ITEMS or SWEETENERS once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've changed your mind or traded it away before the deadline.
- [+] Dice rolls