Austin Board Game Bash 2012 No-Ship Math Trade
- Digren K(Digren)United States
See the results in the OLWLG
It's that time of year again; this August brings the second annual Austin Board Game Bash! The convention runs Friday, August 3 through Sunday, August 5, at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Austin. And what does a gathering of gamers bring, besides hours upon hours of gaming goodness? A chance to buy, sell, and trade for your own collection, of course!
There are three ways to buy, sell, and trade for games at the Austin Board Game Bash.
1. The math trade (this!)
2. The virtual flea market
3. The actual flea market
Math Trade Rules
NOTE: At the request of the convention organizer, I have extended the offer period of the math trade by one week. This still provides time to relist things that don't trade in the virtual flea market, but provides more time for the late rush of registrants to list items in the math trade. It also allows Jonathan to advertise the math trade in upcoming convention advertisement!
If, due to this change, you need to withdraw any items from the math trade, please change the item to "Outside the Scope of BGG" and change the text to clearly indicate (with an altname) that the item is no longer available.
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, July 15th, 2012, 11:59 PM CDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, July 22th, 2012, 11:59 PM EDT
1. The words of the trade moderator (me) and the ABGB organizer are final.
2. Use the discussion thread for discussions and requests. I'll lock this geek list after the offer deadline so you won't be able to edit anything further.
3. Only attendees of ABGB can participate in this math trade.
4. Meet the deadlines for adding offers and submitting your wants.
5. Only submit items that you have in your possession. If something you list trades, you are expected to provide it to the recipient.
6. Accurately and thoroughly describe the condition of your items, including missing components. Yes, this means you need to inventory opened games.
7. Because this is a board game convention, most listed items should be board games. Participants can only list one non-board-game item for every two board-game items listed in the math trade.
8. Math trades are more successful (e.g. there are more trades) when participants are allowed to list currency. Therefore participants can list cash, gift certificates, and geek gold without limitation.
9. If you edit an item, it can only be to improve or clarify the entry - i.e. add a sweetener item, or identify the edition. If you need to downgrade an item, blank the original entry and list the item again in a new entry.
10. Never delete an entry from the geek list. If an item is no longer available for trade, edit the entry to say so and submit a blank want list.
11. Arbitrage (trading cash for cash, or geek gold for geek gold) is prohibited. Trading gift card for gift card is okay as long as the cards are for different merchants.
12. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator is mandatory. Fortunately, there will be several opportunities for you to get help with this.
13. Do not simultaneously list items in the math trade and the virtual flea market. After I announce the math trades, any items that did not trade can be listed in the virtual flea market and/or taken to the actual flea market.
Why participate in this math trade?
The math trade is the most likely way to trade or sell your items, or acquire used games, while at ABGB.
How do math trades works?
Here's a good introduction to math trades: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555/math-trade-guide
Hmm, that doesn't make sense. Can you explain math trades again?
Sure. I'll be at several Tuesday and Sunday south Austin game nights in the next few weeks. I can explain the basics in person at any time.
Can I get help with the on-line want list generator?
Sure. First add your items. Then, I can be at the south Austin game night on July 10th to help you with your wants. Send me a geek mail first so I know to bring my laptop.
Okay, I still don't get it.
Maybe list your items in the virtual flea market.
What software will be used?
I'll use Trade Maximizer version 1.4, seed 78756, with 500 iterations for users-trading.
- [+] Dice rolls