The Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature Competition: June 2013 Edition. Win Geek Gold and an exclusive microbadge!
- Cerith Morgan-JonesUnited Kingdom
The contest has kept it's original name in honour of it's founderDavid AndersonUnited States
WashingtonTwo Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
Taking part is easy:
1) Add the game of the miniature you painted as an item to the list.
2) Add the picture of your painted miniature in the comment section for that game.
(use the format [imageid=xxxxxmedium] where xxxxx is the id of the picture)
That way people will be able to better judge your work. Medium should be sufficient please do not use large.
1) The image you submit must have been uploaded during May 2013. Gallery images are ok but submitted images are preferred, as they've gone through the geek mod process it guarantees the picture quality and it's also easier to check the submission date. The contest will end on June 30th.
2) You are the artist. Please do not submit miniatures painted by someone else.
3) One entry per person. You may, however, use up to two pictures of your entry to the front and back of the miniature.
4) The winner will be the picture with the most thumbs. You can thumb as many as you like.
5) If you can; include the make of the mini, scale and what paints you used in your entry.
Please keep the photo editing to a minimum. A border or colour balance is fine but if too much is done then it casts doubt over how much of the paint job is real. If need be put the unedited photo in your gallery and link to it from there, thanks.
Any tips received will awarded as prizes as follows:
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 37.5%
3rd place: 12.5%
So if the tip total comes to 40 geekgold 1st will get 20, 2nd 15 and 3rd 5 etc.
Geekgold is also given for honourable mentions so even if you don't feel confident about winning you might still get a prize.
I'll round down tips and put the remainder towards future prizes.
Judging at the end of the month and winners will appear in the next months list.
1st place will now also receive an exclusive microbadge!
Please give this geeklist a thumb to help get it to the front page. The more contestants the better!
And don't forget to click on the images you like and give the actual images thumbs up as well!
Click here for an excellent guide on taking photos of minis. Thanks toGiles DorringtonUnited Kingdom
Tyne and Wear
Contest Subscription Thread
Miniature Painting Guild
- [+] Dice rolls