The Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature contest for miniatures painted in December 2013. Win Geek Gold and an exclusive microbadge!
The contest has kept it's original name in honour of it's founderDavid AndersonUnited States
WashingtonTwo Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
It's usually run byCerith Morgan-JonesUnited Kingdom
I'm merely keeping the seat warm for this month until Cerith returns.
Taking part is easy:
1) Add the game of the miniature you painted as an item to the list.
2) Add the picture of your painted miniature in the comment section for that game.
(use the format [imageid=xxxxxmedium] where xxxxx is the id of the picture)
That way people will be able to better judge your work. Medium should be sufficient please do not use large.
1) The image you submit must have been uploaded during December 2013. Gallery images are ok but submitted images are preferred. As they've gone through the geek mod process it guarantees the picture quality and it's also easier to check the submission date. The contest will end on January 31st.
2) You are the artist. Do not submit miniatures painted by someone else.
3) One entry per person. You may, however, use up to two pictures of your entry, usually, the front and back of the miniature.
4) The winner will be the picture with the most thumbs. You can thumb as many as you like.
5) If you can; include the make of the mini, scale and what paints you used in your entry.
Unfortunateley I'm reliant on tips to offer decent prizes at the moment as I don't have a huge amount of geekgold.
Any tips received will awarded as follows:
1st place: 35%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
Encouragement Awards 25%
Note I have altered this at my discretion - this may change when Cerith retakes the reigns.
Encouragment awards will be given to non-placing worthy entries with a bias to new participants.
I'll round down tips and put the remainder towards future prizes.
Judging at the end of the month and winners will appear in the next months list.
1st place will now also receive an exclusive microbadge!
Please give this geeklist a thumb to help get it to the front page. The more contestants the better!
And don't forget to click on the images you like and give the actual images thumbs up as well!
Click here for an excellent guide on taking photos of minis. Thanks toGiles DorringtonUnited Kingdom
Tyne and Wear
for making us aware of this.
Giles also found this useful website http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.com/ it's full of useful tips on painting.
Previous contests for your viewing pleasure:
Golden Turtleback Painted Miniatures Contest previous (and current) contests
Attention anyone feeling too daunted to enter!
We now have on offer for entries finishing outside of the top three so enter even if you think you don't stand a chance of winning. This will be awarded at my discretion and probably split amongst several entries.
Our more experienced painters will be able to offer advice and several people have already said they've learnt something simply by seeing their work next to work they consider to be of a higher standard.
So please enter anyway, you've really got nothing to lose.
There's now a guild for anything miniature painting related. It can be found here here
- [+] Dice rolls