The Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature contest for miniatures painted in September 2014. Win Geek Gold and an exclusive microbadge
The contest has kept its original name in honour of its founderDavid AndersonUnited States
WashingtonTwo Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
It's usually run byCerith Morgan-JonesUnited Kingdom
I'm merely keeping the contest going until Cerith returns.
Taking part is easy:
1) Add the game of the miniature(s) you painted as an item to the list. You may submit images of a single miniature or a group at your discretion.
2) Add the picture of your painted miniature(s) in the comment section for that game.
(use the format [imageid=xxxxxmedium] where xxxxx is the id of the picture)
That way people will be able to better judge your work. Medium should be sufficient please do not use large.
1) The image you submit must have been uploaded during September 2014. Gallery images are ok but submitted images are preferred. As they've gone through the rigorous geek mod process it means at least someone has checked the submission conforms to BGG guidelines and it's also easier to check the submission date. The contest will end on 31 October 2014.
2) You are the artist. Do not submit miniatures painted by someone else.
3) One entry per person. You may, however, use either:
a. Up to two 'normal' pictures of your entry, usually, the front and back of the miniature; OR
b. one image of a montage/collage of your entry.
4) The winner will be the picture with the most thumbs. You can thumb as many as you like.
5) If you can; include the make of the mini, scale and what paints you used in your entry.
I'm reliant on tips to offer prizes. Any tips received will awarded as follows:
1st place: 35%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
Encouragement Awards 25%
Note I have altered this at my discretion - this may change when Cerith retakes the reigns.
Encouragement awards will be given to non-placing worthy entries with a bias to new participants. New painters are particularly welcome to enter and pleas do use the comment section for each miniature to discuss painting techniques, materials, share tutorial videos & etc.
I'll round down tips and put the remainder towards future prizes.
Judging at the end of the month and winners will appear in the next months’ list.
1st place will now also receive an exclusive microbadge!
Please give this geeklist a thumb to help get it to the front page. The more contestants the better!
And don't forget to click on the images you like and give the actual images thumbs up as well!
Previous contests for your viewing pleasure:
Golden Turtleback Painted Miniatures Contest previous (and current) contests
Miniauture painting guild:
There is a BGG guild for anything miniature painting related. It can be found here:
Miniature Painters Guild
- [+] Dice rolls