The Solo Games Chain of Generosity
The Solo Games Chain of Generosity
FROM MARCH 2017 I NO LONGER MANAGE THIS GEEKLIST BUT HAVE LEFT IT OPEN FOR OTHERS TO CONTINUE TO USE.
A big thank you must go to
They suggested this and I hope that the solo gaming community like the idea. Hopefully, we'll all have some fun along the way too as we try new games and see others enjoy the games we didn't or had finished with.
There are lots of chains of generosity but this will be the first one devoted to solo games.
What classes as a solo game? Any game that officially lists a player count of 1 or more on BGG, any fully co-operative games (i.e. no traitors, etc) and any game in the 2016 People's Choice Top 100 Solo Games (+). This definition is subject to change and if you have something you want to offer and are unclear on, just drop me a geekmail or post a comment.
Here's how a chain of generosity works (taken from the original chain of generosity and tweaked a bit. Thank you.):
Step 1: The list will be seeded with a giveaway solo game. Anyone who wants that game can leave a comment to that effect. After X days a recipient for the game will be randomly chosen (i.e. dice rolls, random.org, etc), and the sender will geekmail them to set up shipping to their house.
Step 2: The recipient of the game will then choose a game from their collection (probably from their trade list) and post it as an item here for more people (or maybe the same people) to comment on and enter. After X days (this can vary) they will do a draw, and a that person will win the game.
Step 3: The new recipient repeats step 2 and so on and so on until the end of time....
The rules (shamelessly but with thanks copied from the European Chain of Generosity):
1. You must add a comment to the item in question indicating you wish to be in the draw to receive it in order to be eligible to win.
2. If you win one, you MUST post a game of your own to give away (NO VOUCHERS, OFFERS TO BUY A GAME OF CHOICE FROM A OLGS, ETC) in this fashion within 24 hours. If you don't like that idea, don't play. Please do not wait until you receive your win before offering a game of your own - its all about generosity.
PLEASE DO NOT SHIP YOUR GAME TO A WINNER UNTIL THEY HAVE COMPLETED STEP
3. Set a deadline of around 5 to 10 days.
4. In the event that no offers are made on your game within the deadline, try a different game in its place and set a new deadline. You can also put several games in your listing for people to pick from.
5. If you wish to start a new chain, post an item to the geeklist and put "SEED" in bold in the description, give the chain a name and number it as 1 (e.g. SEED Card Games Chain #1). For those later in a chain, identify which chain your game belongs to by also putting in the chain name and a number (e.g. Card Games Chain #2), DO NOT ADD THE WORD SEED.
6. Sender pays shipping, unless they indicate in their entry that the recipient will and under what circumstances (international shipping, etc). Anyone signing up to receive an item where the recipient pays shipping agrees to do so.
PLEASE DO NOT SHIP YOUR GAME TO A WINNER UNTIL THEY HAVE POSTED A NEW LINK IN THE CHAIN.
Who can add an item to the list (PLEASE READ THIS BIT, IT IS IMPORTANT):
You must be a member of the 1 Player guild to take part and you can't enter a draw for a game you already own (we need to spread the love) but other than that there are no stipulations.
NB: Expansions for solo games, accessories for solo games and even solo RPGs can also be added to the list.
- [+] Dice rolls