New Games for New Year's Leftovers US Only Math Trade
- Matt DUnited States
- Submissions close: Friday January 9, 2015 at 9:30pm EST
- Wants due: Monday January 12, 2015 at 8:00pm EST
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
Discussion thread: New Games for New Year's Leftovers US-Only Math Trade (DISCUSSION)
This thread is to discuss, chit chat, and otherwise chatter about the trade, ask for advice, joke around, whatever you want.
Moderator Announcement Thread: New Games for New Year's Leftovers Math Trade Announcement Thread
This is the thread I will use to post any announcements, updates, or pertinent information for the trade. I will be the only poster. Please subscribe to this thread in case anything important comes up (like the sync issue in this past one)
1. All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. You must have a U.S. address to receive games. There will be no international shipping of items. The default is that you will ship for free to all 50 states. If you wish to ship only to the non Alaska or Hawaii states, you must explicitly state it--preferably by enumeration and not some debateable convention about 48 states.
2. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ is required for this event.
3. Do NOT delete any entries or sweeteners after they have been listed. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline or decided to keep that item.
4. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, DVDs/BluRays, books, gift certificates, and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade.
5. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of both the components and box, language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must also inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition. You are also responsible for packaging and sending your game correctly -- any damage incurred in the course of shipping must be addressed and resolved by the sender.
6. Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
7. You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments. If you need to add a comment which can in any way be construed as "lessening" the value or desireability of the game, you should instead edit the entry to blank it out and re-enter it. This also goes for edits of the main item. Any downgrades of an item after it has been posted will not be tolerated and may result in that item's want list being blanked by the moderator, at the moderator's discretion.
8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, the trade will be re-run with the issue addressed.
9. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.
10. If you have demonstrated the propensity to be a bad trader in another math trade previously run by me, I reserve the right to ask you to not participate, and if you do participate, I reserve the right to blank out your want lists. I highly doubt this will impact anyone, but as there were a few "bad traders" in previous trades, they will not be permitted to be involved with this one.
11. No geekgold or gift certificate arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift certificate on the want list for your gift certificate entry. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. Any requests for arbitrage of either GG or GCs will result in your entire wantlist blanked for every item you have submitted.
12. Any issues that arise due to arbitrage, or some other complication, may (at the discretion of the moderator) result in re-running the trade. Ideally these will be caught before the list is posted, but please do not initiate trade requests or ship any items until you have received the all clear, as all trades are subject to finalization after preliminary results. If a resolution can be reached without requiring the trade to be re-run after being POSTED, we will do our best to accomplish that.
13. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR ITEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS ONCE POSTED ARE BINDING.
TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection will be used
Math_Trades http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades- If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d...- Another good intro.
OLWLG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG- Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/32552/outside-the-scope-o...
Make sure to drop by the discussion thread if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy and fun once you get the hang of them.
Good luck and happy trading!
Deadline-Offers: Friday, January 9, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Monday, January 12, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
- [+] Dice rolls