The Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature contest for miniatures painted in March 2015. Win Geek Gold and an exclusive microbadge
The contest has kept its original name in honour of its founder:David AndersonUnited States
WashingtonTwo Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
It's usually run by:Cerith Morgan-JonesUnited Kingdom
I'm merely keeping the contest going until Cerith returns.
One random thumber will receive a bonus of 5!
1) Add the game of the miniature(s) you painted as an item to the list. You may submit images of a single miniature or a group at your discretion.
2) The image you submit must have been uploaded during March 2015. Gallery images are okay but submitted images are preferred. As they've gone through the rigorous geek mod process it means at least someone has checked the submission conforms to BGG guidelines and it's also easier to check the submission date. The contest will end on 30 April 2015.
3) Please use the format [imageid=xxxxxmedium] where xxxxx is the id of the picture. Medium should be sufficient please do not use large.
4) You are the artist. Please do not submit miniatures painted by someone else.
5) One entry per person. You may, however, use either:
a. up to two 'normal' pictures of your entry, usually, the front and back of the miniature(s); OR
b. one image of a montage/collage of your entry.
6) The winner will be the picture with the most thumbs. You can thumb as many as you like.
7) If you can; please note the make of the mini, scale and what paints you used in your entry.
I'm reliant on tips to offer prizes. Any tips received will awarded as follows:
1st place: 35%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
Encouragement Awards 25%
Note I have altered this at my discretion - this may change when Cerith retakes the reigns.
Encouragement awards will be given to non-placing worthy entries with a bias to new participants. New painters are particularly welcome to enter and pleas do use the comment section for each miniature to discuss painting techniques, materials, share tutorial videos & etc.
Judging at the end of the month and winners will appear in the next months’ list.
1st place will now also receive an exclusive microbadge!
Please give this geeklist a thumb to help get it to the front page. The more contestants the better!
And don't forget to click on the images you like and give the actual images thumbs up as well!
Previous contests for your viewing pleasure:
Golden Turtleback Painted Miniatures Contest previous (and current) contests
Miniature painting guild:
There is a BGG guild for anything miniature painting related. It can be found here:
Miniature Painters Guild
Past and present winners:
Golden Turtle winners Past and Present
- [+] Dice rolls