The "100 games x 1" challenge 2016 -- Exploring diversity 2
This challenge is now over. Please do not add an entry nor ask retroactively for the microbadge. The 2017 challenge is on, though.
What is this?
The base challenge is to Play 100 different games in 2016 (that is 100 different titles, not 100 different plays).
The hardcore challenge is up to you. With a different play each day, any dedicated gamer could finish a 10x10 challenge, a 1x100 challenge or a 100x1 challenge by the start of April. So if the base challenge is too easy for you, you can raise the bar. More games or less time are obvious ways to do this. Some contestants have very interesting and original ideas: look them up in the different entries of this geeklist, or see last year's list.
The 2015 open-to-all "100 games x 1" challenge -- Exploring Diversity
1. Have fun.
2. If you hesitate about joining in, adapt the challenge to your reality. This is not an officially-sanctioned event. When in doubt, see Guideline 1.
3. Games can be from your own collection, from a friend's collection, from your gaming group, from a convention: whatever suits you.
4. We will only count face-to-face physical games; you can count the electronic version of board/card/dice games; but the physical version and the electronic version of the same title count as only one game. Role-playing games and video games are allowed.
5. Solo play counts; but do not count as two titles the solo variant and the regular play of the same game.
6. Do not apologize for playing kid's games, party games or fillers. See Guideline 1.
7. You are the judge to decide if you consider as one or two different games a base game and its standalone expansion; or two editions of a game that was rebooted.
But... but why?
- Why not?
- Each year, we have a blast with Clive's challenge to play at least one game a day during a busy month: An Advent of Christmas Gaming Challenge - 2015
- We aknowledge the popularity of Sarah's challenge to play ten games ten times each: 2016 Challenge: Play 10 Games 10 Times Each
- We want to offer a place to share for the cultists of the new; for those who want to empty their "shelf of shame" of still unwrapped games; for those who want to take once-loved games "out of the dust"; or for those who like to sample all that the gaming world has to offer.
Everyone is welcome. There is no entry fee, and there is no prize at the end.
The challenge is on from January 1st to December 31st, 2016. Latecomers do not need to ask: they can join at any time, and games played before joining do count.
Cool! So how?
1. Create an entry (click "Add Item" at the bottom of this header) and choose a game / a picture to represent you.
2. Tell us clearly what is your goal this year.
3. Update your entry each time you play a game for the first time this year.
4. You will want to have a way to clearly mark your progress.
5. If you do not subscribe to the entire geeklist, at least subscribe to the first entry (and to your entry!).
6. BGG is known for its friendly community. When you update, please take a minute to check your neighbors above and below, and sometimes comment on what they do: this will cheer them on. If you browse your page or other pages on this list, it is even better. Thank you. Last year, there were more than 280 challengers; it takes time to read the daily updates, to have a nice word for the newcomers, to congratulate those who reach their goal. So do not expect us to be everywhere, but we will still read, thumb and sometimes comment.
And what about that microbadge?
The more up-to-date information appears here.
We have the help of these fine people to design, and award the MBs (but do not geekmail them to have one, geekmail Camdin). Thank you very much!JonnaFinland
Uusimaa"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboliनमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
- The MBs are now approved.
- You can click on this one to buy it. It shows that you are attempting the challenge this year.
- You can only look at this one . It is free, but we will award it only to those who complete the base challenge. If and when that is your case, geekmail Camdin. This MB will be awarded at the end of every month, so please understand that there will be a delay.
- [+] Dice rolls