EsCon/San Diego No-Ship Math Trade - June 2016
- William Leslie(waleslie)United States
EsCon/San Diego No-Ship Math Trade - June 2016
- Submissions close: Sunday, June 5 at 11:59pm
- Wants due: Sunday, June 12 at 8pm
- Results posted: Soon after close
- Trades: Saturday, June 18 at EsCon at 2pm.
Important: If you can't make it to EsCon at that time, then it's your responsibility to get your games to the recipient and pick up any games that are intended for you (either set up a mutually agreed upon alternate meeting time and place, arrange for someone else to attend and handle the trades on your behalf, or arrange shipping for the items you are giving and receiving at your expense).
You do not have to be an EsCon participant to participate in the trade.
Discussion thread: EsCon/San Diego No-Ship Math Trade - June 2016 Discussion Thread
MATH TRADE RULES
1. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event.
2. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, gift certificates, cash, and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. [geekurl=https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1483987/cash-value-trades-math-trades-and-how-make-geek-ma]Cash equivalent items (gift cards, gift certificates or cash) exchanged for non-cash equivalent items (ie, games) will need to be entered in the marketplace so BGG can collect their 3% commission for sales.[/geekurl]
3. No geekgold or cash arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put cash on the want list for your cash entry. You may put actual gift cards, cash, or gift certificates on the want list for your actual gift card entries. The values of such items may vary. (For example, trade a $20 Starbucks gift card for a $15 Amazon gift card or $15 in cash). Any occurrences of arbitrage of either geek gold or cash in the end results will result in that user's entire wantlist for all entries being removed.
4. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of the components and box, the language, and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition.
5. Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
6. Items may be edited after listing, however items may not be downgraded after the initial listing.
7. If you wish to remove an item for consideration OR need to in any way reduce an item's perceived value from the original listing (different edition, indicate a lesser condition, remove sweeteners, etc.), you will either need to either:
a. Delete the item
- or -
b. Change the item to "Outside the Scope of BGG" and add the +altname+ ITEM REMOVED -altname- tag to the listing. You will need to submit a blank wantlist for any item "removed" in this way.
Then, relist the item correctly.
8. You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. It is suggested that you subscribe to the items you have listed. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
9. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR WANTED ITEMS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS, ONCE POSTED, ARE BINDING.
10. It is customary to enter all trades into the BGG trading system. Please endeavor to do so and to leave feedback once the trade is completed. Under most circumstances, positive feedback should be given for the empty half of the math trade.
11. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
12. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.
JeffyJeff's new TradeMaximizer with threading option will be used (unsure what version number this one is using)
Math_Trades - If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies - Another good intro.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials - Tutorial videos
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video - covers all aspects of math trades
San Diego Guild - link to the San Diego Guild on BGG
EsCon - Link to the EsCon website
Make sure to drop by the discussion thread if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy once you get the hang of them.
Good luck and happy trading!
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, Jun 5th, 2016, 11:59 PM PDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, Jun 12th, 2016, 8:00 PM PDT
- [+] Dice rolls