TabsCon No-Ship Math Trade (10 September 2016)
- Jamie Maltman(MaltmanJ)Canada
More details here.
Everyone is welcome to participate in this trade but you are obligated to deliver and pick-up your traded games at the convention (details posted below).
All participants must pay the $5 entry fee, even if only coming to drop off trade items. There is no additional charge to participate in the trade.
Please note that although TABS is graciously providing the space for this trade, they do not have any involvement with its management or take any responsibility for it. Any issues relating to the Math Trade must be taken up with the trade organizer, Jamie, directly.
* Discussion thread is here.
* Request GeekList is here.
(all times are EASTERN TIME)
Submissions Open: Immediately
Submissions Close: Sunday September 4th at
10 pm11pm (got EST wrong)
Want Lists Due: Wednesday September 7th at
10 pm11pm (got EST wrong)
Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.
Trade Date & Location
Where: TabsCon, Royal Canadian Legion Hall (Branch #11), 9 Dawes Road, Toronto, ON
When: Saturday September 10th, 2016.
Time: 12:00pm - 12:30pm - receive submissions. 12:30pm - 1:00pm - pick up new games.
***** The trade will be held in the upstairs room, which will not be accessible before 12pm. Please keep your trade items with you or place them out of the way on the stage when you arrive. *****
You must arrive upstairs before 12:30pm to submit your games or you will be responsible for hand delivering or shipping your traded game(s) and will not be permitted to pick up your games until that has been accomplished. Any games not picked up by 1pm will be considered abandoned.
All games must have the name of the recipient attached.
Post-it notes or painter's tape work best.
Posting an Item
1) Boardgames, boardgame related items, Video Games, RPG items, Gift Certificates, GeekGold and non-gaming nerdy items are all permitted. There is no limit to the number of entries each person can have. Gift certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT permitted.
2) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG", "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory".
3) Condition of the item(s) must be described as accurately as possible. Game descriptions should include:
- the condition of the box,
- the language and edition of the game,
- and if any components are missing and/or damaged.
If it is not otherwise specified, the game must be:
- in like-new condition
- and be the most recent English edition.
4) Sweeteners must be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or by manually inserting the GAMEID using BGG formatting to have them show up in the OLWLG properly.
5) The OLWLG is updated manually, so please allow 24 hours for submitted items to be visible on the OLWLG.
During the Math Trade
1) Edits must be clearly identified by striking out the replaced text or explaining the change with an "Edit:" note at the bottom of the post and explaining the edit. Edits that may result in someone's interest in your item changing are not permitted.
2) Do NOT delete any entries or sweeteners after they have been listed. If you've traded an item away or decided to keep it, submit a blank want list for that entry, and put an edit explaining that it is no longer in the trade, but keep the name.
3) You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. ClickSubscribe to your own items! The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
1) Use of the OLWLG (On-Line Want List Generator) is required for this trade. If you have never used the OLWLG tool before, please read the wiki page and check out the following links. Please consider tipping JeffyJeff some GG for his ongoing support.
......... MATH TRADES for Dummies Thread
......... Math Trade Video Tutorials
2) Working on your want list early is advised. You can always make changes and resubmit anytime before the want list submission deadline.
3) Creating a reasonable want list is fairly difficult and might take a few trades to practice. You are more likely to make successful trades if you can properly value your games, and ensure the games you are putting on your want list are not a higher value than what you are offering. Generally, the lower the value you would accept in trade, the more likely you will make successful trades. Spielboy.com, which uses pricing information from sales on BGG, is a great utility for gauging the value of a particular game. There are clickable links from each item inside the OLWLG to these pricing sites.
4) Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. The steps required are:
A) Add items for trade
B) Select items for your want list
C) Save your changes
D) Click the button on that page to Submit Your Want List
A GeekMail message will be sent when your want list is received. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted properly.
5) The results usually take about 10 minutes to run. A link to the results list will be posted in the discussion thread as soon as it is available on the OLWLG.
Questions, Comments, Concerns
Anyone who disregards these rules, or behaves disrespectfully, will have their comments deleted and/or will have a blank want list submitted on their behalf.
Receivers of Cash & Gift Certificates Must Pay Fees to BGG
Please note that any math trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through the site, and is subject to the associated commission fee required by the Terms of Service just as with any other sale; for more information, please see this thread.
Please post in the discussion thread if you have any questions or comments. If you have any concerns about a particular item or situation, please send me a Geekmail message on BGG.
Have fun, and good luck!
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, September 4th, 2016, 10:00pm EST
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, September 7th, 2016, 10:00pm EST
- [+] Dice rolls