Danish Math Trade January 2017
- Claus NielsenDenmark
ViborgSi vis pacem, para bellum!
Hello, and welcome to the January 2017 edition of the Danish Math Trade!Recommend
NOTE: Math Trade needs to be synced with OLWLG first before you can follow the steps below, I will strike through this text once it is ready, or you can just add your items in using the add item button.
This Math Trade is intended for people with a Danish postal address, but anyone is allowed to participate and add games, just as long as they are aware they will be expected to cover the difference in shipping costs for games sent out of Denmark as compared to sending it within Denmark. (unless stated otherwise on any items).
Everything written in this header will be in English to avoid any confusion, the use of Danish text is allowed and encouraged in the discussion thread, however English will be fine also.
If you are new to math trading, please start with:
BGG Wiki pages: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades
Math Trade information: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades
or this excellent geek-list: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/36795/math-trade-wtf
Or Rahdo´s video-walkthrough here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1023913/math-trades
Getting started quickly if you never math traded before:
You can start adding items to the list by going here: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ and have a login link sent to your BGG mail. From there on please follow some of the guides linked above or ask in the discussion thread.
Other lists of interest:
Discussion thread for the Danish Math Trade January 2017: (all discussion and questions go here)
FAQ geeklist: Math Trade FAQ for newbies:
Comments are disabled on this list, so if you have any questions, please post them in the ---- Danish math trade discussion thread. ---- https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24657740#24657740
1. It is assumed that the sender will cover the cost of shipping using a method of their choice as long as shipping is within Denmark, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
If as a receiver you have a preference for a particular method of posting, it is up to you to check if this is ok with the sender before adding such an item to your Want-List. You are expected to pay any extra costs this would incur to the sender.
2. In the case of Paypal payments etc, the sender should cover any fees.
3. If a participant without a Danish postal address wishes to enter the trade, and the particular item/game does not state the conditions for shipping, they must check with the senders of any items that they are willing to post outside Denmark before adding items to their wants lists. In this case the recipient is expected to cover the difference in postage costs as compared to sending the same game to someone in Denmark.
4. Games listed by a user without a Danish postal address must CLEARLY state the shipping conditions/costs or otherwise will face the assumption that shipping is free. Users outside Denmark are highly encouraged to offer free shipping to Denmark, or a certain amount of shipping paid, to increase their chances of getting trades as most users of this list will be from Denmark.
5. Items should be packed for shipping so that they will arrive in the condition they are advertised.
NOTE: Anyone is able to offer free shipping and disregard the outlines given above.
List opens: Wed 04th of January 2017
Item submission deadline & list closes: Wed 18th of January 2017, 7pm GMT
Deadline for submitting lists: Sun 22nd of January 2017, 7pm GMT
Number of items per user: Unlimited
Sweeteners allowed: Yes
Duplicates allowed: Yes
ADDING GAMES TO THE LIST (using the OLWLG):
Please use this format:
When stating the condition of your items please refer to the BGG standard:
New - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged item in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.
Like New - Item just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets are intact.
Very Good - Very minimal wear and tear. All materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.
Good - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All materials are present. Item may have been used once or twice.
Acceptable - Some damage to the box, but the item is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. Maybe missing a non-crucial piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are readily available on the web. Scuffing on the item.
Unacceptable - Major damage to box and its parts. Possibly missing several important pieces. Broken or missing board/box. No rules/instructions, and they are not readily avaiable. Do not sell this item on the marketplace.
1. Please ensure that you accurately list the condition and language of the game.
2. Do not include links to any game’s BGG page in your entry unless you are actually adding them as a sweetener. If you include a link to a game in your description, you are assumed to have entered that game in the trade.
3. For items that do not have their own BGG entry, generic items like Outside the Scope of BGG or Miscellaneous Game Accessory have to be used. This may also be suitable for game bundles and 'Pick x out of Y' offers. Please include an altname tag in the item description of generic items like Outside the Scope of BGG or Miscellaneous Game Accessory. Otherwise they will not be properly displayed by the OLWLG.
4. Non game-related items, including money offers, are welcome, but must be added using an appropriate +altname+ Description -altname- tag. Please list these items as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID 23953).
5. Deletions and edits of items are allowed during the submission window. If you are editing an item in a way that would reduce its value to the receiver, please delete the original and add a new item instead. Deleting redundant/incorrect/obsolete items is actually encouraged during the item submission period (see above for the deadline). In fact, I will delete these items myself if I notice them.
6. Do not however delete items from the trade list after the item submission period when the list closes & want list are to be submitted (see above for the deadline) since this will affect the numbering of all of the following items and cause confusion and annoyance. If you change your mind about trading an item after the item submission period, just submit an empty want list for the item.
7. Be careful about making major changes to an item description. People may already have added the item to their want lists and not notice that the item description has changed. If you need to make major changes to an item description, please create a new item and delete the original one.
8. You may want to offer your item up for auction/sale/trade in other places simultaneously. This is okay but if you sell or trade your items elsewhere during the item submission period (see above for the deadline), please delete those items from the math trade.
9. OLWLG will not be up to date with the trade list all the time. The synchronization has to be triggered manually by the math trade organizer from time to time. You can set OLWLG to get notified of each synchronization event via GeekMail.
10. Money arbitrage is prohibited and will result in the incorrect want lists being omitted from the trade. Money arbitrage is defined as trading an item containing money for an item containing more money. Money includes cash offers, PayPal transfers, wire transfers, gift certificates, etc.
11. Any Math Trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of gift card, gift certificate, or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through the site and is subject to the associated commission fee required by the Terms of Service just as with any other sale. For information on how to do this, please see
Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them):
WANT LISTS AND AFTER SUBMISSION:
1. Use of OLWLG (Online Want List Generator) is mandatory for submitting wants lists.
2. The deadline for submission of wantlists listed above will be enforced.
3. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agree to accept it in exchange for your respective item. Check your want lists and all of the item descriptions thoroughly before finally submitting your want lists!
4. Want lists may be edited and re-submitted any number of times during the want list submission period (see paragraph 1b for the deadline). After editing your want lists and saving the changes you have to submit them again to become effective ("Submit Your Lists Here!" -> "Submit My Wants").
5. Make sure to re-check the descriptions of the items on your want lists after the item submission period. Items you added to your want lists before the deadline may have changed since then. I recommend creating your want lists only after the item submission period has ended.
6. Mistakes you make while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and thus can not be corrected once the trade is resolved.
7. Please ensure that you use duplicate protection in the OLWLG – trade results will NOT be re-run for your lack of using duplicate protection or your incorrect use thereof. If you are not sure about how to properly implement duplicate protection (or anything else for that matter), please ask for help in the discussion thread. Do not just hope that it works the way you think it does. Because if it doesn't, there will be no way to correct it once the trade is resolved.
8. All want lists will be made public after the trade has been resolved.
9. The software used to run the MathTrade is TradeMaximiser v 1.4 with duplicate protection.
10. Any incident causing the MathTrade to be re-run may result in the person causing the re-run to be banned from the following Danish Math Trade.
11. After the trade please ship your games in a timely manner, and if you are unable to do so for any reason, keep in regular correspondence with your game´s receiver.
12. Traders accepting cash value trades must pay the BGG commission fees for a sale, so this must go through the BGG marketplace. The easiest way to do this is for the person receiving the payment to create a Geek Market listing (Miscellaneous Game Accessory is a good default) and have someone (like the person sending the cash) buy it.
13. The word of the trade moderator is final.
Thank you for reading the rules and happy trading!
Deadline-Offers: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:00 GMT
Deadline-Wants: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 19:00 GMT
- [+] Dice rolls