Post-Valentines Quickie MT -- Offer Geeklist -- Short Duration CONUS (Submit Want Lists)
- Occu Pant(RoamDog)United States
Listed below is an executive summary of the rules, You do not have to read the complete Official Rules, but are required to comply with all rules whether you have read them or not.
Overall Guidance/Theme: Many MTs have a "shopping at the ZippyMart" vibe. Users run in, (scan the OLWLG colored tags), grab a gallon of their favorite brand of milk and bolt. This MT may have more of a "shopping at a bazaar" vibe. Participants are encouraged to provide some color commentary with their offers and add comments which may help other participants to uncover a hidden gem (however, this does not, in any way, invalidate the mandatory requirement to provide accurate data in the descriptions). And, in fact, the descriptions are even more important in this MT, becuase unlike some MTs, this MT will be more old-school and require participants to actually read the full text of offers posted and not just look at the pretty picture(s) associated with the offers or the colorful tags inside the Online Want List Generator (OLWLG). The pictures and tags are a great place to start, but each participant will be responsible for ensuring that they make their decisions on what to put on their Want List based on the actual description text in the offer. If this level of personal accountability is not acceptable to you, please do not enter this particular MT, but rather wait for the next one that may not require as much personal accountability. At the end of the day, all these MT's are based on trust. We have rules to make the MT more efficient, but the rules are not perfect and do not always cover every situation. We trust each other to do the right thing in situations where the rules are ambiguous. Please do not violate this trust.
You MUST use a CONUS (sorry AK & HI) shipping address.
Sender must pay the FULL shipping costs including delivery confirmation or tracking number (minus any insurance costs which are responsibility of receiver but only if the receiver chooses to have package insured).
This is a private MT. By invitation only. Everybody with a CONUS shipping address is invited except anybody that has broken a chain in a previous MT or been reported as a Bad Trader. See the escrow policy in the full rules for Bad Traders who are trying to redeeem themselves.
Participants are allowed to post an unlimited number of offers of Gift Cards (GC). However, minimum amount per GC must be at least $20.
Each participant is requested to tip one GeekGold per entry that they are offering on the Offer GeekList. Obviously, this action is totally voluntary. But I hope that you will comply with this request. Remember that all tipped will be disbursed to promote the success of the MT.
Do not substitute, split, change, downgrade, denigrate, or degrade an offered main item or any sweeteners once they are posted (see rules for how to handle changes).
Board games, Card games, DVDs, Books, Comics, PC/Video Games, RPGs, and most other geeky stuff allowed.
For any PC/video games offered, you MUST provide at least the following details: Platform/OpSys, Registration status, Media type, and whether a box and manual are included.
You must use the OLWLG.
Participants are limited to one (1) entry that is an offer of . And minimum offered must be at least 250 GG. (You may use the OLWLG Copies function though).
GG and GC arbitrage are prohibited.
Incentive Bounties: Frequently, tips are given to the people that moderate Math Trades. If this MT accumulates any tips, 100% of such tips will be awarded to others.
1. Delivering the Goods Bounty: Of the total tipped, I am going to give 1/3 to the MT participant that traded the most items that were actually requested on the Request List.
2. MVP Bounty: Of the total tipped, I am going to give 1/3 to the MT participant who traded the single most wanted item.
3. ToolTime Bounty: Of the total tipped, I am going to split 1/3 between [userid=cokasaki] and [userid=JeffyJeff].
4. Super-Dee-Duper Bonus Bounty: I will give a code or enough GG to purchase a microbadge to every single participant that offers AND subsequently trades at least one game that is rated #1 on my Wishlist.
5. Last Chance Bounty: I'm going to give away one of my items offered in this MT that does not trade to somebody that added it to their Want List.
6. Hidden Gem Offer Bounty: The offer that had the most interesting color commentary and whose color commentary was the most likely to induce other participants to consider reading the blurb, researching the item described, and adding the item to Want Lists will be awarded a code or enough to buy a microbadge).
7. Don't Tell My Spouse Bounty: The person that offers AND subsequently trades the highest total amount of Gift Cards will receive a code or enough to buy a microbadge.
Official Rules and Newbie Questions Thread -- You should immediately click the Subscribe link for this thread (if nothing else it will be a reminder to you when the actual Offer Geeklist is opened to the public). If you do not understand a rule or need coaching on a MT procedure, this is the place to post.
Discussion Thread for Whiners -- If you understand, but do not like any of the rules, then please post your comment here.
Request Geeklist -- You should immediately click the Subscribe link for this GL (if nothing else it will be a reminder to you when the actual Offer Geeklist is opened to the public).
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, February 28th, 2013, 10:15 PM CST
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, March 3rd, 2013, 7:00 PM CST
- [+] Dice rolls