Canada Day/July 4th; CDN/US Math Trade - Now Closed - Good Luck!
- Kevin IacoucciCanada
I thought this would be a great time for a Math Trade, as we haven't had one for a while.
For details, please see the Rules section below.
Submissions posted (including sweeteners): Sunday, July 8, 5:00pm BGG Time
Summary of submissions posted (by me): Sunday, July 8, 11:00pm BGG Time
Want lists due: Tuesday, July 10, 5:00pm BGG Time
Results posted: Wednesday, July 11, 5:00pm BGG Time
Method of Finding Trades
GenetiTrade is the only allowable method for finding trades, due to its speed, lack of input restrictions, and portability.
Play at home is allowed and encouraged. However, I reserve the right to use my own results file if there is any suspicion of tampering with the submitted results file or otherwise. The \"official\" results will be that with the highest number of trades.
I will determine the method of submitting want lists soon. (Please consult the discussion thread for details.) It will either be numeric or numeric/alpha
Edit: I've deceided to go Numeric Alpha. So the lists should look like:
45Aquadukt 50DungeonTwister3/4exp 71Rheinlander 8Candamir
45 is the item being traded, 50, 71 and 8 are the wants. I agree that this makes things much more readable and will help avoid mistakes in the future (As we know it can happen!).
I trust this clears things up.
Only games and GeekGold are allowed in this math trade. GeekGold cannot be the main item--it can only be included as a sweetener, and is exempt from the rules below.
* Sweeteners must be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, for example: Puerto Rico) or a link to the game\'s page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3076).
* You must accurately describe your game\'s condition, language, edition, etc.
* You should choose a photo that best represents the game you are trading (language, edition, and the like). If there are none suitable in the database, pick the one that\'s closest and make a note in your item listing.
* You must submit a want list for each game you are offering. If you don\'t want to trade, submit a blank list.
* You cannot delete a game once it has been entered. If this has been done without the consent of the moderator, all of your trades/games will be removed from the trade as forfeit. (Though if you don't find anything you like you may submit a blank want list when requested as mentioned in the above bullet)
* Traders from NORTH AMERICA are allowed only (Sorry everyone else). Specify your restrictions on shipping in your listing. I encourage, but do not require, setting your shipping policies to allow for North America. An easy way to keep things under control is to set an upper bound on the cost you\'re willing to pay.
* I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason, especially those which I feel violate the premise of this math trade. If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed.
* Use the related forum thread for questions and discussions of this math trade (however, for questions on individual items, please leave comments on the item itself, here on the list).
* Do not submit want lists until the summary has been posted.
If you are unfamiliar with math trades, please read Lindey\'s Math Trade Guide at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555
By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. You are also responsible for checking the full set of want lists when they are posted as soon as possible (and definitely before the results are posted) for any cut/paste errors. This policy will not be modified or relaxed!
Questions and Comments
Please direct all questions and comments to the forum thread reserved for this math trade, for the benefit of your fellow traders.
The official forum thread is at:
- [+] Dice rolls