Brussels Games Festival 2018 Math Trade
- Brussels Games Festival Math TradeBelgium
Welcome to the Brussel Game Festival Math Trade!Recommend
This trade is for people attending the Brussels Game Festival (BGF) taking place the 25 & 26th of August! The idea is to have a general trade moment during the festival, but you can also trade in person if that works out better for your schedule.
Please read the rules carefully and ask if you are not sure (best place to ask questions is in the discussion thread linked just below).
Discussion thread: BGF Math Trade Discussion Thread
Request list: BGF Math Trade Request list
FAQ geeklist: Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies
Tutorials: Math trade video tutorials
Info in Dutch: Een Math Trade: Wat is het en hoe werkt het?
In French: C'est quoi un math trade? - Tutoriel vidéo sur les math trades - Utiliser OLWLG
List closes: Tuesday, August 14th, 8:00 PM CEST
Deadline for submitting lists: Sunday, August 19th, 8:00 AM CEST
Rules (Please read carefully)
ADDING GAMES TO THE LIST
1. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of the components and the box, language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must also inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. When offering an expansion as sweetener, a missing box should be mentioned.
2. Sweeteners must be added using the GAMEID formatting. Use the “Insert Geek Link” dropdown when editing your entry. If you don’t use this format your sweeteners will not show up in the OLWLG. Do not include links to any game’s BGG page in your entry unless you are actually adding them as a sweetener. If you include a link to a game in your description, you are assumed to have entered that game in the trade.
3. Non game-related items, including money offers, are welcome, but must be added using an appropriate +altname+ Description -altname- tag. Please list these items as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID 23953).
4. If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list, you are required to list it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID 23953) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Also if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game, you are required to list it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID 23953) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.
5. Deletions and edits of items are allowed during the submission window. If you are editing an item in a way that would reduce its value to the receiver, please delete the original and add a new item instead.
6. A combination of money and games is not allowed in one item.
7. Select, if possible, the corresponding image of the version you are offering.
8. Add to every item you are offering on which day(s) you will be present
WANT LISTS AND AFTER SUBMISSION
1. Use of OLWLG (Online Want List Generator) is mandatory for submitting wants lists.
2. If you do not want to receive the same game (if there are more than one offered), you will need to take care of duplicate protection. Trade results will NOT be re-run for your lack of using duplicate protection.
3. Money, voucher and geekgold arbitrage are strictly prohibited: you are not allowed to try to trade your €20 for someone else’s €30.
4. When making your want list, do not rely on geek list numbers for any purpose. They may change!
5. Traders accepting cash value trades must pay the BGG commission fees for a sale, so this must go through the BGG marketplace. One way to do this is for the person receiving the payment to create a Geek Market listing (Miscellaneous Game Accessory is a good default) and have the person sending the cash buy it.
6. All participants are responsible for being able to collect the items they put on their want lists, e.g. if you are going to be at the show on Sunday, don't add items to your want lists which are only available on Saturday because you will not get your games.
7. Please be aware that entering into this maths trade is a commitment to trade the items for the wants that you indicate. It is your responsibility to double check duplicate protection and check boxes. If you are not willing to trade one of your items for another item, do not include it in your want list.
8. Every trade result is part of a bigger chain circle: person A give to B, B give to C, C to D,... A trade circle can have more than 100 trades. Therefore it is not possible to cancel a trade afterwards.
1. Contact your trading partners after the final results are published. Exchange mobile numbers and arrange a time and place for the trade. Contact your trading partners at latest on Tuesday the 21st of August.
2. To reduce the number of individual meetings at the convention, we will have a general meeting. Place and time will follow later. This meeting is not obligated, you can also trade in person if that works out better for your schedule.
3. If anything prevents you from getting your items on the days you stated in your item descriptions and you are not able to hand them over to their recipient(s), you have to ship your items at your own cost and pay the shipping costs for the items you wish to receive from other participants which you were not able to collect.
4. If you can not deliver a game to the receiver for some reason (e.g. because the game was damaged), you have to make sure that the recipient gets what he/she has been promised, for example by buying a new or second-hand copy or give the recipient a sum of money so that he can purchase a new copy.
This math trade has 2 moderators:Sem BrysBelgium
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, August 14th, 2018, 8:00 PM CEST
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, August 19th, 2018, 8:00 AM CEST
Edit 01/08: added some helpful links in French
Edit 08/08: new deadlines
- [+] Dice rolls