Mock Test Leftovers Math Trade
- Jeff MichaudUnited States
FloridaCaptain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
There are several purposes for this math trade.Recommend
1. So new math traders can gain experience w/out any risk (nothing will be actually traded/shipped)
3. So I (Jeff) can test new leftovers math trade functionality. This differs from old styled leftover math trades where a new geeklist is created and you have to copy all your items you still want to trade and recreate your want lists. Instead it uses the same geeklist on BGG but in the OLWLG it shows up as a new math active math trade. Items which previously traded will be ignored (those using "copies" functionality and not all copies traded will be tentatively ignored until you edit those items to update the number of copies you are offering this time around).
Do note that the OLWLG will still display the index in the 1st column of step 3 (viewlist) but you will notice the indexes aren't sequential because of the ignore previously traded items.
Special rule for this mock test math trade... I may lock down the geeklist and do final sync before the deadline and turn on want list submissions (and hence also change that deadline) if it looks like we have enough new items and hopefully from some new users.
for this math trade want lists will be submitted only by using the OLWLG (online wantlist generator/editor) ... you may want to make sure you can login to that tool (no password required) if you haven't already.
Also Very Important!
You must read the Limits & Rules below before joining in on this math trade!
"Mock Test Math Trade" ....
Related (Discussion) Forum Thread: click here
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 11pm EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 11pm EDT
TradeMaximizer-Options: SEED=1234567 ITERATIONS=100 METRIC=USERS-TRADING
Results posted: Shortly after the last deadline.
Limits: (per person)
* Geekgold offerings must be at least 75 GG
* Absolutely no cash/paypal/etc offerings (gift certificates ok)
0.3. * Please no poaching (making trade offers for items being offered in the math trade before the math trade is over). While obviously hard to enforce, the problem with poaching is that the way the math trade software works (finding circular chains of trades), for every pair of items a poached trade effectively removes from the potential results, it can very easily reduce the over trade count by more than 2.
1. * Non-game items must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985), and you must within (at the bottom) of the item description put a "+altname+ Short Name Here -altname-" (minus the quotes) where "Short Name Here" for example would be "125 Geek Gold", or "$40 ThoughtHammer Gift Card", etc.
Note: this rule applies when you are offering an expansion or bonus items to a game which does not have it's own BGG entry (such as Le Havre bonus cards). Do NOT use the game id of the base game if it is NOT being included in what you are offering.
2. * "sweeteners" are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa), "Insert Geek Link", or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
Note: do NOT include links in your listings to games you are NOT including in your offering that will be picked up as sweeteners by the OLWLG. See the FAQ below for how to workaround this.
3. * You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc. If you do not then the condition will be assumed to be "like new" and complete, English language version. Do not simply say "as pictured" as it's not always obvious. When in doubt though, folks should post a comment to the item and/or geekmail the item's owner with questions.
3.5. * For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete (I've been on the receiving end 2 or 3 times thus far where the owner assumed and it wasn't)
3.6. * If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).
3.7. * If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not.
3.8. * Q: what if I want to change my offering (downgrade), such as remove or change the item or sweetener(s), or make the shipping more restrictive, or discover the condition of the game(s) are worse than I originally stated?
A: edit the geeklist item for your lot and change the game id to 23953 (which is outside the scope of BGG) and replace the item description with:
+altname+ Item withdrawn/relisted -altname-
and then do just that, add a new item (bundle). and obviously submit a blank list for the old withdrawn item.
4. * Traders from all countries are allowed.
5. * Specify your restrictions on shipping in your listing. If you don't it will be assumed you'll ship worldwide (or within geography this math trade covers) for free. (Note: if you
list "mirror" shipping, o r alimit to how much you will be pay toward the shipping, then you must state where you would be shipping from (zipcode for USA locations).
6. * If you are offering games that you do not have in your possession (ie. that you'll order and have shipped from an online retailer if it trades), you must state in your description that is what you are doing.
7. * No Geek-gold or Gift certificate arbitrage... that means you are not allowed to attempt to trade your geekgold for someone elses geekgold offering, or attempt to trade your gift certificate for someone elses gift certificate offering+++. However attempting to trade geekgold for a gift certificate or vice versa is allowed.
+++ = Exception: you can try to trade an existing (one you already have) gift cert for an equal or lesser valued gift cert, or a generic (one you don't already have) gift cert for an equal or lesser valued existing gift cert.
8. * I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason (though unlikely). If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed
9. * Use the related forum thread for questions & discussions of this math trade (though for questions on individual items as those as comments to the specific geeklist item)
10. * It is strongly suggested that if you have more than one identical copy of an item you'd like to list that instead of listing them all individually to instead to list if only once and to add to the botton of the item's description:
Copies: 2 (where 2 can be any positive number as appropriate)
This makes it easier for both you and potential traders. See here for more info
11. * If you feel the need to use them, keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read. If you need to use a longer disclaimer, please include a link to it in each of your entries instead of copying the whole thing into each entry.
11.5. * Also similarly keep descriptions, commentaries, etc regarding details on the game's theme, game play, etc relatively terse (this info is available to anyone clicking through to the game's page). Verbose narratives not only redundant, take up more vertical space and hence more paging, but most importantly make it harder for someone to see the important and required information required to be listed by the rules above.
If you are unfamiliar with math trades, please read the BGG wiki page at Math Trades
By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
Trade Resolver: TradeMaximizer (trying to maximize number of trades)
* Duplicate Protection
* NO Priorities
Important Note: requires special version of TradeMax (pointer to which will be provided)
Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.
Note: in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
Note: you can start putting together your want list(s) immediately, even before you enter your own items into the math trade using the OLWLG
Some common questions/answers:
Q: Where can I find this special version of TradeMaximizer?
A: See TradeMaximizer
Q: why no priorities in this MT?
A: because they are not compatible with the metric we are using. That also means it does not matter how you order your wants (not that ordering them had much effect for most anyway, TradeMax will always use whatever wants will maximize the number of trades)
Q: where is the "request" geeklist?
A: there isn't one... on the OLWLG home page for this math trade use the "statistics" link/page to see the list of games most wanted by those in this math trade but are not currently being offered
Q: How do I include a link to a BGG game page in my listing that is not an item I'm including in my offering?
A: use www.tinyurl.com (or similiar service) to create an alias link that will redirect to the game's page. For example, http://tinyurl.com/84kjm7 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/559 or Metro
- [+] Dice rolls