March 2019 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade
- Grand Prince Poutine Lord High ThrifterCanada
VancouverPlease support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
The time has come for another no-ship math trade, encompassing Metro Vancouver and the rest of British Columbia. We also welcome participants from Washington, Alberta, Oregon, and places further afield (if they are prepared to meet in the Vancouver area). Please encourage participation in as many Geeks as possible: the more participants we have, the more successful this will be.
If you are new to math trades, please read this comprehensive and helpful walkthrough. For further information, you can also read this wiki and watch this video tutorial. Most importantly: if you do not understand something, ask me questions. Either send me a geekmail or post on the discussion thread listed below. Please also make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates and times.
If you are an experienced math trader, you may enjoy reading this exposition on advanced uses of duplicate protection. Do not bother reading this unless you are quite experienced -- it may result in spontaneous decapitation.
• Discussion thread: March 2019 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade - Discussion Thread
• Request geeklist: March 2019 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade - Request List
• Math trade software: The Online Want-List Generator
Dates & Times
• Items for trade may be posted until Sunday, 24 March 2019 at 18:00 PDT.
• Want lists may be submitted until Wednesday, 27 March 2019 at 22:00 PDT (with results posted shortly thereafter).
• Meet-up time is Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 08:30 PDT.
• You do not talk about Fight Club.
• This is a no-ship math trade. The meet-up will take place at the Terminal City Tabletop Convention (3250 Commercial Drive in Vancouver) -- but you do not need to attend the convention in order to attend this math trade. Please see the discussion thread for more details. If, for any reason, you are not able to meet at the appointed time and place, it is your responsibility to make alternate arrangements with your trading counterpart(s). Furthermore, in this case, you must be able to meet up within one week of the end of the math trade.
• Use of the Online Want-List Generator (OLWLG) is mandatory for this math trade. Please refer to this wiki for help and feel free to ask me questions if something is not clear to you.
• You must describe your games (or other items) as completely and accurately as possible. This includes mentioning damage to (or the absence of) the box, the insert, and the contents. Furthermore, you must clearly state the version/edition of all games posted.
• Board games, role-playing games, video games, and geekgold are all permitted for submission to the math trade. Non-game entries must be added using 'Outside the Scope of BGG' (Game ID 23953). Please make sure to use the +altname+ blah blah -altname- format in the description of your item for it to appear correctly in the OLWLG.
• Gift certificates and cash offerings are also permitted, but are subject to these rules. In short, any cash-value trade conducted through BGG is subject to a 3% commission. Please follow the link for further information.
• Arbitrage involving geekgold, gift-certificates, and/or cash is strictly forbidden. Any occurrence of deliberate arbitrage in the final results will abrogate the entire want list for the offending item, and the trade software will be re-run.
• Please subscribe to your own geeklist items so that you can promptly respond to any questions that other people may ask.
• Please do not include links to any games (other than sweeteners) in your geeklist description, so that they are not misleadingly displayed in the OLWLG.
• Please check, double-check, and triple-check your want lists before submitting. If you do not know how to use 'Duplicate Protection' in the OLWLG, please ask me. Want lists may be edited and re-submitted any number of times before the deadline.
• By entering into this math trade, you are committing to trade your items as described in the final results. Once posted, the results are conclusive and binding.
• For everyone's safety, all decisions involving the administration of this math trade will be made by yours truly: Juxtatype. If you do not agree to this rule (or any other), please do not participate.
• Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection); Seed=1234567; Iterations=1000; Metric=Users-Trading.
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, 24 March 2019, 18:00 PDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, 27 March 2019, 22:00 PDT
- [+] Dice rolls