April '19 US Math Trade
Please note that there are several recent additions/changes to the rules. They are typically in bold with a ***NEW*** indication.
Deadline to submit offers: Sunday, April 14th, 12:30 AM Pacific
Deadline to submit wants: Sunday, April 21st, 12:30 AM Pacific
**Please note the AM deadlines.**
Shipping: Should you not specify any shipping conditions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping conditions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Items that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the matter.
Discussion Thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31643674
MATH TRADE RULES AND GUIDELINES:
1. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this math trade. (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) Please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade. If you have questions, I suggest you post them in the discussion thread (link above). I or other users are happy to help you. There are several useful links to help you learn how to use the OLWLG at the bottom of this post.
2. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, cash equivalent items (gift certificates, PayPal, etc.), and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. Cash equivalent items will need to be entered in the marketplace so BGG can collect their 3% commission for sales. Click here for more information on these Guidelines.
3. Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage, meaning you may not trade any gift card or GG lot for one of greater value. I will allow you to trade GC's for equal or lesser valued actual, physical GC's. Remember, if you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. (See Guidelines link in rule #2, above)
You may not both simultaneously buy GG for cash equivalents and sell GG for cash equivalents in the same trade. Meaning if you intend to offer GG and request CE's for those listings, you may not also offer CE's and request GG, or vice versa. You may either be a buyer or seller, but not both during the same trade. This does not apply to any transaction where an actual game is being traded, strictly GG for CE and CE for GG transactions.
***NEW*** If, when the trade is run, there is a case of arbitrage, that user (including all of their items and wants) may be removed from the trade and the trade re-run. At the discretion of the moderator, that user may be banned from participating in future math trades.
***NEW*** Be cautious when using the OLWLG auto-check feature. It is not aware of the rules against arbitrage and will check boxes that may result in arbitrage. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to review the checks that the auto-check feature generates.
4. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of the components and box, the language, and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must (with the exception of items that are new in factory shrink wrap, ie NIS) inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition.
***NEW*** If you list the condition of the item as anything less than excellent, you should be describing the issue(s) making you rate it less than excellent.
***NEW*** Language such as "components not inventoried", "no guarantee", "recipient's responsibility to contact the publisher in the event of missing pieces", etc. is NOT ALLOWED. Listings with such disclaimers will be removed from the trade. At the moderator's discretion, the user may be removed from the trade.
5. Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of the drop-down menu so they properly display in the OLWLG.
6. Do not use an item type listing for an item unless you are offering that item, this also applies to listings using hyperlinks in the description. For example, do not list the item as the game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.
7. Items may be edited after listing. ***NEW*** This editing MAY include downgrading the initial listing. Should changes to a listing be made, the OLWLG will alert all users who have already selected the item as a want. It is THEIR responsibility to review and accept the changes (or remove the item from their wantlist).
8. If you wish to remove an item for consideration, DELETE the item. The OLWLG handles this just fine (See #9, below).
9. Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.
10. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
11. It is customary to enter all trades into the BGG trading system. This is most easily done if the items you are trading are listed in your collection and are marked as "For Trade". Please endeavor to do so and to leave feedback once the trade is completed. Under most circumstances, positive feedback should be given for the empty half of the math trade.
12. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR WANTED ITEMS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS, ONCE POSTED, ARE BINDING.
13. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the final results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition, if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
14. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree with me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.
A general note:
While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. Humans also sometimes make mistakes. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.
Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades, and are expected to honor them, even in the event of a mistake.
I am running this trade because math trades are fun, exciting, and just plain awesome. Most of my collection has come from math trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons (to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed participating in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.
While there is a lot of useful information in these links, so of the information may be a bit outdated. The above rules of this trade take precedence over information in these links.
Math_Trades - If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies - Another good intro.
Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies - Another good resource with lots of answers to lots of frequently asked questions.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials - Tutorial videos
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video - covers all aspects of math trades
***NEW*** Finally, here's a link to an image to help you understand Duplicate Protection
Please post in the discussion thread (link near the top) if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy once you get the hang of them.
Good luck and happy trading!
JeffyJeff's TradeMaximizer version 1.5c
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, April 14th, 2019, 12:30 AM PDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, April 21st, 2019, 12:30 AM PDT
- [+] Dice rolls