TABSCon No-Ship Math Trade (September 7 2019)
- Jamie Maltman(MaltmanJ)Canada
Everyone is welcome to participate in this trade but you are obligated to deliver and pick-up your traded games at the convention (details posted below). There is no additional charge to participate in the trade, but participants must pay the $5 entry fee, even if only coming to drop off trade items. Please note we will check for handstamps before allowing trade participants to pick up their games.
Please note that although TABS is graciously providing the space for this trade, they do not have any involvement with its management or take any responsibility for it. Any issues relating to the Math Trade must be taken up with the trade organizer, directly. (Please note that the organizer and volunteers cannot be responsible for the condition of individual trade items. We have to work with what is essentially an honour system, and the occasional problem has always managed to be dealt with.)
--> Discussion thread is here.
--> Request GeekList is here.
--> TABSCon Facebook Event page
(all times are EASTERN TIME)
Submissions Open: Immediately
Submissions Close: Tuesday Sept 3rd at 10 pm
Want Lists Due: Thursday Sept 5th at 10 pm
Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.
Trade Date & Location
Where: TabsCon, Royal Canadian Legion Hall (Branch #11), 9 Dawes Road, Toronto, ON
When: Saturday September 7th, 2019.
Time: 12:15pm - 1:15pm - receive submissions. 1:15pm - 1:45pm -pick up new games.
***** The trade will be held in the upstairs room, which may not be accessible before 12:00 pm. Please keep your trade items with you or place them out of the way on the stage when you arrive. *****
You must arrive upstairs before 1:15 pm to submit your games or you will be responsible for hand-delivering or shipping your traded game(s), and will not be permitted to pick up your games until that has been accomplished. Any games not picked up by 1:45 pm will be considered abandoned.
Electronic gift certificates and other such payments that are traded can be delivered outside of the math trade, but games that are received in trade for gift certificates will not be allowed for pickup until the trade organizers get confirmation of delivery. In other words, if you trade someone a $20 online gift certificate for a game, we cannot let you have the game until we get confirmation from the recipient that they have received the gift certificate. (The best way to do this is to Geekmail the organizer before the day of the math trade.)
All games must have the name of the recipient attached.
Post-it notes or painter's tape work best.
Posting an Item
1) Boardgames, boardgame related items, Video Games, RPG items, Gift Certificates, GeekGold and non-gaming nerdy items are all permitted. There is no limit to the number of entries each person can have. Gift certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT permitted. (That means don't trade gift certificates or cash for other gift certificates or cash - if you want to buy a gift certificate from someone, contact them privately.)
2) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG", "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory".
3) Condition of the item(s) must be described as accurately as possible. Game descriptions should include the condition of the box, the language and edition of the game, and if any components are missing and/or damaged.
AJ at Boardgamebliss put together a great geeklist with examples of condition, so let's use that format for consistency across Toronto math trades.
ALL LISTINGS MUST BE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT;
(this assumes English, most recent edition)
If there is more information add that below as shown in this example;
Missing: The first player marker
Version: Second Edition
Language: French (English rules print out included)
Sweeteners: Blood Rage(Box Like New, Contents Good)
Comments: I will accept all 100+ dollar gift certificates for Board Game Bliss for this listing.
4) Sweeteners must be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or by manually inserting the GAMEID using BGG formatting to have them show up in the OLWLG properly.
5) The OLWLG is updated manually, so please allow 24 hours for submitted items to be visible on the OLWLG.
During the Math Trade
1) Edits must be clearly identified by striking out the replaced text or explaining the change with an "Edit:" note at the bottom of the post. Edits that may result in someone's interest in your item changing are not permitted.
2) Do NOT delete any entries or sweeteners after they have been listed. If you've traded an item away or decided to keep it, submit a blank want list for that entry. If you want to let people know it is no longer available make an edit, but say "previously: <name of game>" to let people know it is no longer up for trade.
3) You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
1) Use of the OLWLG (On-Line Want List Generator) is required for this trade. If you have never used the OLWLG tool before, please read the wiki page and check out the following links. Please consider tipping JeffyJeff some GG for his ongoing support.
......... MATH TRADES for Dummies Thread
......... Math Trade Video Tutorials
2) Working on your want list early is advised. You can always make changes and resubmit anytime before the want list submission deadline.
3) Creating a reasonable want list is fairly difficult and might take a few trades to practice. You are more likely to make successful trades if you can properly value your games, and ensure the games you are putting on your want list are not a higher value than what you are offering. Generally, the lower the value you would accept in trade, the more likely you will make successful trades. Spielboy.com, which uses pricing information from sales on BGG, is a great utility for gauging the value of a particular game.
4) Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. A GeekMail message will be sent when your want list is received. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted properly.
5) The results usually take about 10 minutes to run. A link to the results list will be posted in the discussion thread as soon as it is available on the OLWLG.
Questions, Comments, Concerns
Anyone who disregards these rules, or behaves disrespectfully, will have their comments deleted and/or will have a blank want list submitted on their behalf.
At the trade, please arrive on time, be nice to the volunteers who help make the trade possible, and to your fellow traders. If we work together, the process can go as smoothly as possible.
Please note that any math trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through the site, and is subject to the associated commission fee required by the Terms of Service just as with any other sale; for more information, please see this thread.
Please post in the discussion thread if you have any questions or comments. If you have any concerns about a particular item or situation, please send me a Geekmail message on BGG.
Have fun, and good luck!
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, September 3 2019, 10:00pm EDT
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:00pm EDT
- [+] Dice rolls