SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade
- Grand Prince Poutine Lord High ThrifterCanada
VancouverPlease support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
The world is returning to Vancouver! The Shut Up & Sit Down Board Game Convention will take place in Vancouver once again this fall. There will be game publishers, panels and talks, a roster of special guests, organized megagaming and party games, a game library, and some surprises. Of course, there will also be a sea of tables for playing games and meeting new friends.
Naturally (and best of all), we have the triumphant return of the SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade!
If you are new to math trades, I will help you! Please read this comprehensive and helpful walkthrough. For further information, you can also read this wiki and watch this video tutorial. Most importantly: if you do not understand something, ask me questions. Either send me a geekmail or post on the discussion thread listed below. Please also make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates and times.
If you are an experienced math trader, you may enjoy reading this exposition on advanced uses of duplicate protection. Do not bother reading this unless you are quite experienced -- it may result in spontaneous decapitation.
• Discussion thread: SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade -- Discussion Thread
• Request geeklist: SHUX 2019 International No-Ship Math Trade -- Request List
• Math trade software: The Online Want-List Generator
Dates & Times
• Items for trade may be posted until Sunday, 22 September 2019 at 22:00 PDT.
• Want lists may be submitted until Friday, 27 September 2019 at 22:00 PDT (with results posted shortly thereafter).
• Meet-up time is Saturday, 5 October 2019 at 11:30 PDT.
• You must be an attendee of the 2019 Shut Up & Sit Down Board Game Convention (SHUX19) to participate in this math trade.
• This is a no-ship math trade. The meet-up will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre East (999 Canada Place in Vancouver). Please see the discussion thread for more details. If, for any reason, you are not able to meet at the appointed time and place, it is your responsibility to make alternate arrangements with your trading counterpart(s).
• Use of the Online Want-List Generator (OLWLG) is mandatory for this math trade. Please refer to this wiki for help and feel free to ask me questions if something is not clear to you.
• You must describe your games (or other items) as completely and accurately as possible. This includes mentioning damage to (or the absence of) the box, the insert, and the contents. Furthermore, you must clearly state the version/edition of all games posted.
• Board games, role-playing games, video games, and geekgold are all permitted for submission to the math trade. Non-game entries must be added using 'Outside the Scope of BGG' (Game ID 23953). Please make sure to use the +altname+ blah blah -altname- format in the description of your item for it to appear correctly in the OLWLG.
• Gift certificates and cash offerings are also permitted, but are subject to these rules. In short, any cash-value trade conducted through BGG is subject to a 3% commission. Please follow the link for further information.
• Arbitrage involving geekgold, gift-certificates, and/or cash is strictly forbidden. Any occurrence of deliberate arbitrage in the final results will abrogate the entire want list for the offending item, and the trade software will be re-run.
• Please subscribe to your own geeklist items so that you can promptly respond to any questions that other people may ask.
• Please do not include links to any games (other than sweeteners) in your geeklist description, so that they are not misleadingly displayed in the OLWLG.
• Please check, double-check, and triple-check your want lists before submitting. If you do not know how to use 'Duplicate Protection' in the OLWLG, please ask me. Want lists may be edited and re-submitted any number of times before the deadline.
• By entering into this math trade, you are committing to trade your items as described in the final results. Once posted, the results are conclusive and binding.
• For everyone's safety, all decisions involving the administration of this math trade will be made by yours truly: Juxtatype. If you do not agree to this rule (or any other), please do not participate.
• Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection); Seed=1234567; Iterations=1000; Metric=Users-Trading.
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, 22 September 2019, 22:00 PDT
Deadline-Wants: Friday, 27 September 2019, 22:00 PDT
- [+] Dice rolls