HBCon No-Ship Math Trade (November 2, 2019)
- Chris BowlerCanada
Come join us for the first Hamilton Boardgaming Con (HBCon) mini-convention. Admission for the day is $5 per person.Recommend
Everyone is welcome to participate in this trade but those who do wish to participate must be at the venue to deliver and pick up their games. While there is no extra fee to join, we do require you to pay the $5 admission to enter and hopefully you'll stick around for some gaming.
Please note that the organizers of both HBCon and this math trade are not responsible for the condition of an individual trade. We will do our best to help resolve issues.
Discussion thread here
Trade request thread here
HBCon Facebook event page
Date and Times
Eastern Daylight Savings time
Submissions Open: Immediately
Submissions Close: Thursday Oct 24th at 10 pm
Want Lists Due: Wednesday Oct 30th at 10 pm
Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.
Trade Location and Times
Where: HBCon, RHLI Veterans Association
1353 Barton Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8H 2W2
When: Saturday October 2nd, 2019.
Time: 12:15pm - 1:00pm - receive submissions. 1:00 - 1:45 pick up new games.
Please note you need to drop off your games before 1:00pm or are responsible for getting those games to the correct person before you can pick up your items. All items not picked up by 1:45 will be considered abandoned.
Electronic gift cards and other such items but if you trade a gift card for a physical item, there will need to be confirmation from the recipient before your item will be released to you. This can be handled before the trade date and is best done by GeekMail.
Please attach the name of the recipient to each item using Post-It notes or painters tape.
Posting an Item
1. While the HBCon event is focused specifically on board games, all sorts of geek items will be permitted in this trade. RPG games, video games, gift certificates, GeekGold and non-gaming related geek items are all welcome.
2. Gift certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT permitted. (That means don't trade gift certificates or cash for other gift certificates or cash - if you want to buy a gift certificate from someone, contact them privately.)
3. Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG", "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory".
4. Describe the condition of item(s) as accurately as possible. In an effort to better standardize descriptions of items for Math Trades, AJ from Board Game Bliss has created a geeklist covering condition. Please refer to this link and use these descriptions.
All listings must use the following format
(this assumes English, most recent edition)
If there is more information add that below as shown in this example;
Missing: The first player marker
Version: Second Edition
Language: French (English rules print out included)
Sweeteners: Blood Rage(Box Like New, Contents Good)
Comments: I will accept all 100+ dollar gift certificates for Board Game Bliss for this listing.
Sweeteners must be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or by manually inserting the GAMEID using BGG formatting to have them show up in the OLWLG properly. (Remember to not forget your sweetener on the day of the trade).
The OLWLG is updated manually, so please allow 24 hours for submitted items to be visible on the OLWLG.
During the Math Trade
1. Edits must be clearly identified by striking out the replaced text or explaining the change with an "Edit:" note at the bottom of the post. Edits that may result in someone's interest in your item changing are not permitted.
2. Do NOT delete any entries or sweeteners after they have been listed. If you've traded an item away or decided to keep it, submit a blank want list for that entry. If you want to let people know it is no longer available make an edit, but say "previously: <name of game>" to let people know it is no longer up for trade.
3. You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
1. Use of the OLWLG (On-Line Want List Generator) is required for this trade. If you have never used the OLWLG tool before, please read the wiki page and check out the following links. Please consider tipping JeffyJeff some GG for his ongoing support.
......... MATH TRADES for Dummies Thread
......... Math Trade Video Tutorials
2) Working on your want list early is advised. You can always make changes and resubmit anytime before the want list submission deadline.
3. Creating a reasonable want list is fairly difficult and might take a few trades to practice. You are more likely to make successful trades if you can properly value your games, and ensure the games you are putting on your want list are not a higher value than what you are offering. Generally, the lower the value you would accept in trade, the more likely you will make successful trades. Spielboy.com, which uses pricing information from sales on BGG, is a great utility for gauging the value of a particular game.
4. Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. A GeekMail message will be sent when your want list is received. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted properly.
5. The results usually take about 10 minutes to run. A link to the results list will be posted in the discussion thread as soon as it is available on the OLWLG.
Questions, Comments, Concerns
Anyone who disregards these rules, or behaves disrespectfully, will have their comments deleted and/or will have a blank want list submitted on their behalf.
At the trade, please arrive on time, be nice to the volunteers who help make the trade possible, and to your fellow traders. If we work together, the process can go as smoothly as possible.
Please note: any math trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through the site, and is subject to the associated commission fee required by the Terms of Service just as with any other sale; for more information, please see this thread.
Please post in the discussion thread if you have any questions or comments. If you have any concerns about a particular item or situation, please send me a Geekmail message on BGG.
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, October 24th, 2019, 10:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, October 30th, 2019, 10:00 PM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls