BurrEato 2019 - A Challenge to Eat 30 (or more) Burritos in 30 Days!
What to do?
1. Sign up by adding a game item to the list below. Copy my layout example, for example. (mandatory)
2. Buy the Burrito Lover microbadge! (completely optional, but encouraged)
3. Love burritos, eat burritos. (mandatory)
4. Tell us about your burritos here: BurrEato 2019 - The Official Discussion and Chat Thread
1. The challenge begins on November 1, 2019. You then have 30 days to eat 30 burritos.
(Any burritos eaten in October and December are considered as "practice", and "showing off", respectively.)
2. There are no limits on how many burritos that you can eat per day. Other than good judgement and the level of your own dignity.
3. Food must be completely covered by a tortilla*. Restaurant-listed "burritos" (written that way on a menu but arriving with open ends) will still count.
*4. For the health-conscious folks, a burrito bowl, minus the tortilla, will be allowed. See this "Dieter's Guide" by Renwmn.
Also, lettuce or cabbage leaves are IN as acceptable tortilla substitutes.
5. Post and share your journey, with the rest of us here, on your geeklist item; which can be edited daily, or weekly, or as need be.
Add a comment to another person's list. Give out thumbs and even GeekGold tips, if you're so inclined.
Who can sign up for this wondrous event and chance of a lifetime?
YOU!!! If you can read this geeklist, then we want you to throw your sombrero into the ring, and sign up! Some participants even include their family members in the fun.
We are nothing but welcoming and supportive of anyone who wants to try to have more burritos in their life. Seriously, you'll run across some friendly, and extremely generous, fellow burrito-lovers on this journey.
If you have never attempted this kind of challenge before, and don't quite believe that you can do it, then you are most probably mistaken. If you've seen this before and wondered if it was right for you, then I can assure you: It is right for YOU!
Oh, there will be prizes. See the first entry.
"It all started in 2011 with a serious post and then things quickly got out of hand."
Since that first year, many have joined and come back every year to try and devour 30 delicious burritos. Not everyone is successful, and that's okay, but there have been a few that deserve special recognition. Those select special eaters, have been inducted into the BurrEato Hall of Fame.
Rudy has now retired from the organizing committee, but will likely show up as a participant (and/ or cheerleader).
A participant who stood the contest on its head, at least twice in the past, by eating well over 100 burritos in 30 days.
And you thought that 30 burritos was a challenge? Try to eat 146.5!!
If you have no life beyond BGG, you can check out the past results on these 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 geeklists.
If you love tacos, mark your calendar for Taco de Mayo in May 2020!
The official tally spreadsheet is HERE on Google Sheets. Feel free to browse and fill in accurate data for the challenge.
- [+] Dice rolls