2020 Escape The Winter Convention Virtual Flea Market
- Lance Peterson(MungSu)United States
FloridaMy hovercraft is full of eels!
The Virtual Flea Market (or VFM) is a great way for ETW attendees to buy and sell games (and other items) in advance of the con with the transaction completed during our scheduled meetups (also known as exchanges). The VFM is not the same as the traditional Flea Market that also takes place during the con. This VFM is for ETW 2020 attendees only, no items will be shipped.
If there is a game you are interested in buying but don’t see it listed, ask for it here: 2020 VFM Wish List.
How To's, FAQ's, questions, comments, administration, etc. can be found here: 2020 VFM Admin Thread
The Alpha list is finally live - 2020 VFM Aplha List. If you encounter any problems with the Alpha list, please geekmail me.
The 2020 VFM Admin Thread contains important information on how to buy, sell, and the Terms of Service (TOS). All participants are expected to be familiar with the first post in that thread.
The Math Trade is live - Escape Winter Con 2020 No-ship Math Trade. If you list in the Math Trade and list and item here, just add a note to your item here to denote that. That way people will know that the item may go in the Math Trade.
Per BGG and this VFM's ToS all sellers are required to pay 3% commission to BGG. This is not a donation, it is a fee and not optional.
NOT NOT DELETE ITEMS - if you are withdrawing an item, please edit the entry with the word "wthdrawn" to denote that.
Auction Listings - please be sure to list an end date and time for auction listings.
Sold Items - please edit the entry to mark it sold. It also helps to include the buyer's name. If you use a username link it will display in the Alpha List.
Price Changes - if you change the price of an item, please use strikeout formatting for the old price and put the new price next to it, like so:
The 2020 VFM Meetup/Exchanges will take place:
o Saturday, February 22nd, 1:00-2:00 pm, location TBA
• Buyers are strongly advised to put exact change for each purchased game in a separate envelope. Write the game and seller info on the outside of the envelope.
• Sellers are strongly advised to have a sign with their BGG user name and real names. Placing Post-it notes with the buyer’s name and sell price on each game box is also helpful.
• Zone assignments in the exchange meeting room will be made alphabetically by BGG user name.
• By participating in the VFM it is assumed you will make yourself available for the entire duration of the exchange meetup.
• Communication is key. Let your customers know where you will be in advance. Exchanging phone numbers for text messaging is helpful. A sign with your BGG user name helps as well.
• If you're buying AND selling a large number of items it is helpful but not required to work in pairs with the seller stationary. Remember, if you are chasing your own purchases you're a moving target for your buyers.
• Come prepared with a buying and selling list. Having exact change inside envelopes with the amount, game, and seller's BBG name written on the outside will greatly speed up the process.
How to pay the BGG Market Place Commission (3%):
• Per BGG’s TOS, sellers are required to pay BGG 3% commission for the use of this list.
• After all item exchanges are completed create a BGG Market Place Sale Item using "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise” (it will still work if you have already used another dummy item name).
• Put "ETW 2020 VFM" in the item notes.
• Use the total price of all your completed sales.
• Send the link to me and I will “buy” your Market Place item
• After you have received your confirmation from my purchase, go back to the Geek Market menu, mark the item paid, and then click on "Commissions" and then "Pay Commission". (your fee may take some time to post, check back in an hour if there's nothing listed)
• Please be aware BGG admin can, and probably will, request a list of all sellers within a few days of the con's end.
• Thanks to Bob Gallo for administering the 2019 DTC VFM which I've lifted most of this text from.
- [+] Dice rolls