2020 Challenge: Get Your Magic Number to Zero!!!
- Ryan Graham(gramaw)United States
From Corsier-sur-Vevey, living in Zürich
From Vaud, living in ZürichHe he he! You found me!
in 2019. To keep the tradition alive, I'm creating the 2020 challenge at the end of 2019 (literally, an hour before 2019 ends)
What is the Magic Number you ask? The term "Magic Number" was coined on my podcast, Out of Game, as the number of games that you own and have yet to play. However, there are some exclusions for the Magic Number itself which differentiate it from other similar lists.
The Magic Number should NOT include:
1. Games that you own but have played elsewhere. If you've played another copy somewhere then cross it off the list!
2. Expansions. The magic number is about base games and not expansions.
3. Games that you own for other purposes besides playing (i.e. games that you intend to sell, trade, give away, or are just keeping for some other reason but never intend to play, even if it's just that you don't WANT to ever play it. I typically refer to this as "Deferred" games.)
4. Games that you own that aren't physically in your possession (i.e. games that are on order, preordered, Kickstarted, being borrowed by others indefinitely, etc.)
5. (Optional): Games that you have played in digital format. This is an optional rule because opinions on this topic are varied.
The objective of this challenge is to get your Magic Number to zero at some point in 2020. You don't necessarily need to remain at zero, you just need to get there at a point in time!
As for the format of your list, I'd recommend the following for your updates which I am borrowing and slightly modifying from user.Judd VanceUnited States
Kansas"Now it is mumbo jumbo like that!!! And skinny little lizards thinking they're the last dragon to give kung fu a bad name. Come on, LeRoy! I got something REAL for yo @ss in these hands!"
(You can quote this comment for formatting)
I'd suggest posting these, weekly or monthly, as comments to your original post:
*DST stands for Deferred/Sold/Traded
Another exercise you may find useful is creating a visual graph of your progress every month. I do this via Google Drive. You can view instructions for creating this graph and downloading a monthly image here:
I will be reaching out toCarsten(jorl)Germany
Sachsen“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
who made all previous editions of the microbadge. Feel free to tip him some GG for creating this for us!!!
Lastly, please post comments in your updates about thoughts on the games you played/added or anything else you feel like updating.
PM me or comment with any other suggestions you may have about this challenge and enjoy the invigorating feeling of getting your magic number to zero!!!
Producer & Co-host of Out of Game
- [+] Dice rolls