Tennessee Game Days XV (2020) Virtual Flea Market
- Tennessee Game Days Math Trade and VFMUnited States
We are having a flea market on Saturday at TGD, but some people would rather not cart games along unless they know they won't be coming home with them. So, use the "Virtual Flea Market" instead. If you have items that you'd like to sell at TGD, list them here with the condition of your items, and the price or other terms you'd like to offer (e.g. auction, fixed price, etc). Successful deals will be completed before the convention and then will have an exchange at TGD.
VFM Summary Listing: https://bgg.ucfhl.com/tgd2020.cgi (this shows unsold items by default in alphabetical order)
Tennessee Game Days: http://www.tngamedays.com/
TGD Slack: http://tngamedays.com/slack (a chat service/app used by some attendees to communicate with each other)
TGD Library: http://www.tngamedays.com/library.html
Discussion Thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2361842/tennessee-game-...
Math Trade Geeklist: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/268707/tennessee-game...
Virtual Flea Market Geeklist: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/268711/tennessee-game...
Request Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/268705/tennessee-game-day... (this list is for participants to post what items they want others to offer for trade)
Want to Play Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/268713/tennessee-game-day...
This year the VFM and Math Trade lists are running concurrently. Please take care if you wish to offer an item in both places and either wait until you are sure that your item will not be trading in the math trade, or be prepared to remove the wants list for an item if it gets purchased. The Math Trade will close and results will be posted a week or so before TGD so if you offered something for trade and it didn't work out, you can post it to the VFM after.
1. You MUST read the whole header.
2. Sellers MUST read the section under Summary of Unsold games to correctly mark items Sold/Change Price.
3. Sellers MUST not delete listed items
4. Sellers MUST list their items with the BGG Marketplace (Or do a bulk entry for commission)
When listing prices, please include a dollar sign. e.g. $25 This will enable the summary listing to show them.
How you sell your items is up to you! Fixed Price, Auction, Dutch Auction, it doesn't matter. Everyone is on their own - no one will be monitoring your items but you. In prior years we have had some confusion about terms, so here are some recommended terms:
* Auction - bids can be made starting at whatever minimum is specified and the auction will end at the item owner's discretion. This may be at a predetermined time or at the owner's whim. It is strongly recommended that auctions specify at least an approximate end date and time so that people can adequately plan around bidding and payments.
* (Hard) Reserve (HR) - A price threshold above which the item will be sold to the highest bidder.
* Soft Reserve (SR) - A price threshold above which the item will be sold to the highest bidder but if bids end up below this price the seller can accept or reject the offer.
* Minimum - The minimum possible price threshold. Without a Reserve specified, the highest bid at or above this value will purchase the item.
* Buy It Now (BIN) - Usually associated with an item up for auction, this is a price at which the item can be purchased outright without bidding. If someone offers the BIN amount, the item is usually considered sold. Traditionally, in ebay terms, if an item's "reserve" price is met, the BIN option is no longer available. This is recommended just for clarity and to avoid allowing people to pull the rug out from under pre-existing bidders.
* Fixed Price - Named price, take it or leave it. Most people are open to negotiation. Items which do not say "Auction" are usually assumed to be Fixed Price. If an item is not labeled as "Auction" but includes "BIN" it will be assumed to be fixed price in 2020. This will change in 2021 to explicitly associate "BIN" with auction entries to avoid confusion.
* Firm - A fixed price specified as a minimum, usually not negotiable.
* Or Best Offer (OBO) - Usually in relation to a fixed price, indicating that the seller is also willing to accept the best offer made below their asking price. This implies some sort of time limit and basically turns the item into a weird pseudo-auction with a permanent BIN price. This is not recommended.
* Dutch Auction - An auction where the seller periodically updates the asking price by decreasing it. The first person to "bid" at the most recent price wins the item. This is effectively the way that many people will run Fixed Price items as they will reduce the asking price on unsold items as we get closer to TGD.
Summary of Unsold Games
This year we are borrowing some magic from BGGCON and trying something new with a little help from
Sellers: In order for this to work, please update your items as follows:
1. When your item sells, please edit your items entry to include the word "Sold" someplace.
2. If your item is an auction, please include the word "Auction" someplace.
3. If you are selling an item that deserves an alternate name in a summary list, please place this code in your item someplace: "+altname+ Whatever You'd Like To Call Your Item -altname-"
4. If you change your price, please keep the new price on the same line of the geeklist (Do something like $25$20)
5. Please don't delete sold items!! Just leave them on the list. Thank you! If you want them to disappear from the summary list, just add the text +remove+ to the item description.
Per BGG Guidelines, it is the seller's responsibility to process final sales through the BGG Marketplace. This can be quickly and easily done with a button on the geeklist item once the details are finalized with the buyer.
Please do add your items - the more items, the more interest! Thanks to the BGG.Con Virtual Flea Market Geeklist for most of these guidelines.
Please do not delete entries from this geeklist. It makes it impossible to keep track of things by ID/page.
I mean, if you add something by accident and delete it immediately it's probably fine, but if you delete things once there are hundreds of additional items, it makes it harder for some of us to keep track of things. If an item becomes unavailable, simple edit the description to indicate that.
Virtual Flea Market Operational Details
There will be a dedicated time slot on
Friday evening andSaturday morning for the VFM. Specific time and room will be announced later.
It helps if people are prompt and organized. Not many people want to wait for a half hour to be able to complete a transaction... they want to play games!
As a buyer, being organized means having your currency parceled out for your transactions already. One easy way to do this is with envelopes for each seller you are buying from with their name (bgg or real) on it stuffed with the sweet, sweet cash that they are waiting for. It also means you should probably have a list of who you are buying what from and for how much.
As a seller, it means showing up on time (or a couple minutes early) and having your games ready to go. If possible, have bundles of games for the same person together. It can also be helpful if you have a list that summarizes your transactions for quick reference.
On Saturday, we will be trying a new approach to resolving the VFM. We will be organizing some table space so the sellers will be in (roughly) alphabetical order by BGG username. Buyers who are not selling are encouraged to have their list of sellers to purchase from alphabetized so it is easier to smoothly go through the room and the list and finalize your transactions.
If you are both a buyer and seller, please arrange to have an assistant who can complete one set of your transactions for you. This will make everyone's lives easier. If that is not possible, we will accommodate but it may take a bit longer for you and your transaction partners.
You are always welcome to complete your transactions outside of these times and places in any way you have agreed upon with the other party. However, it should be noted that some people are only interested in completing their transactions at the appointed time because they don't want to spend all weekend chasing them down. Please respect these wishes.
If you have any suggestions or questions, let Malachi know.
- [+] Dice rolls