2020 Geek Madness Tournament: Preliminary Round - VOTING COMPLETE
- Tony Ackroyd(1000rpm)United Kingdom
Welcome to the 17th Annual Geek Madness Tournament!
Every Spring, we pit the top games against each other to crown one game the Geek-Certified Aldie Award winner. This is a single-elimination tournament where the game with the most votes advances to the next round. This year we will follow the same structure as last year, with 116 games in the main contest including 4 Super-seeds.
Only the "unique" games in the BGG Top 50 will be automatically included. The other spaces will be reserved for community nominated games. We are combining games that are too similar to free up a couple more spaces. Therefore, games such as Brass, Pandemic Legacy, etc will see their different versions be combined under their higher ranking spot. Continuing last year's change the rest of the BGG Top 100 are not automatically nominated.
1) The decision to combine games is based on how similar the games are to each other. Is the second version similar to an expanded version of the base game? Is it a reprint or special edition? Is it by the same publisher? Games will go under the original game of the combo but given the higher rank.
2) You may nominate up to 3 games by posting an entry for each of them.
However your 3rd nomination must be at least 24 hours after the first two. The games receiving the most votes by the ending time will be included in the official tournament. The top 4 will fill the slots 45-48, while the rest will fill the remaining slots.
3) You may vote for as many games as you like. You should vote for games that you nominate (in other words, only thumbs received count).
4) Please do not renominate a game that has already been nominated (including games that are already guaranteed a spot) - instead, please vote for it by thumbing it. Please check after your post that there wasn't a simultaneous post. The newest duplicate entry will be deleted and thumbs voided.
5) Games will be sorted by rank within the GeekList. This will also determine ties (highest rank gets in).
6) Please only included published games. If a game is in the distribution pipeline currently, it may be included. Generally, newer titles won't do as well so you may not want to waste your nomination on them.
7) I reserve the right to make modifications as we go along to better fit the spirit of the competition.
You may vote for any games, whether you have owned or played them. You can vote based on any criteria that is important to you. You can cheer for your team, recruit legitimate voters, and rib the other team - just keep it moderately civil! Please feel free to comment on the games and match-ups, and most importantly, have fun!
IMPORTANT: This is meant as a fun competition. Please only vote with your main User account, i.e., ONE VOTE PER PERSON PER MATCH-UP PER ROUND. Do not create "dummy" or shill accounts to vote multiple times as those votes will be voided if discovered.
You may subscribe to this thread to be notified of the new rounds: Geek Madness Subscription Thread
For more information on the history of the Geek Madness, check out the wiki page: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Geek_Madness
In theory the voting will likely end at midnight on Sunday 8th US time, but my life and workload are totally unpredictable right now so things may just roll on for a while. Sorry for the unpredictable madness.
- [+] Dice rolls