Worldwide Promos & Accessories Math Trade XVIII
A lot of us have them: promos, mini-expansions, gimmicks and other bits & bobs for games that we've picked up at a show, as part of a trade, in a magazine, etc., for games that we don't have and/or never play. What to do with them? TRADE 'EM FOR PROMOS FROM GAMES THAT YOU DO HAVE!
Anyone entering this trade, please only include items that you're willing to ship anywhere, worldwide at your own cost. Considering most promos can easily fit in an envelope, this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also, to make the whole thing run smoother, please limit individual entries to items for one particular game and/or Geek Gold or cash equivalents. No mixing promos from different games together please.
RULES AND NOTES THAT BEAR EXTRA ATTENTION ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN.
- Submissions close: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 23:00 GMT
- Wants due: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 23:00 GMT
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
Requests for this maths trade (what items do you want other people to list for you to trade for): Worldwide Promos & Accessories Math Trade XVIII (WISHLIST)
Discussion thread: Worldwide Promo & Accessories Math Trade XVIII DISCUSSION THREAD
Other notes (assembled from the prior Worldwide Promo Math Trades byRichard Ham(rahdo)United States
WashingtonCLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
(A) Use of the OLWLG (Online Want List Generator) is mandatory for submitting want lists. You can access it at http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
(B) The deadline for submission of want lists will be strictly enforced.
(C) The word of the trade moderator is final. No trading should be initiated until after the Moderator has given the "all clear" notice via Geekmail,[/size] in case of any strange emergencies. (It has happened before, so please pay attention) However, any re-runs of the trade (with the exception of cases of arbitrage covered below) are entirely at the discretion of the moderator, but also almost never happen. Please ensure that you use duplicate protection in the OLWLG as trade results will not be rerun for your lack of using duplicate protection.
(D) COVID-19 note. As a worldwide trade, we are all unfortunately in varying stages of dealing with this pandemic. Some regions remain in the thick of things, while some have made significant strides back to normalcy. For the purposes of this trade, it is the responsibility of the lister of the item to both confirm the ability to ship the item at a reasonable time and expense, and to note any potential complications involved in the shipping or receipt of this item such as extended delays. We know that the situation is ever changing, but it is as it always has been the responsibiity of the shipper to assume all costs associated with the shipping of the item. It will not be acceptable to list an item and then upon receiving your obligation to ship present an objection due to discovering a higher cost of shipping said item than you expected. Hopefully, this added note will not be necessary in the next Worldwide Promo Math Trade!
1) All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. By entering into this Math Trade you are agreeing that you will ship your item anywhere in the world, with no restrictions. If you are NOT okay with this, then please do not participate in this trade. I am sure that there will be a local trade at some point that you can join. Also, just because you are unwilling to ship worldwide and therefore are not interested in this trade, don’t think that other people aren’t. This is a very popular trade and we have already secured a special dispensation from JeffyJeffy to disregard all shipping restriction policies within the OLWLG. If this isn’t to your liking, that’s ok. It is to us.
2) You are responsible for packaging and sending your item correctly -- any damage incurred in the course of shipping must be addressed and resolved by the sender. In other words, if you do not adequately package your game, and it arrives damaged, the onus is upon YOU to correct the matter to the satisfaction of the recipient, which may include up to replacing the damaged item with a new one that is not damaged. Please see the link below for some helpful tips about shipping. (Insurance isn't included, and any such expense for insurance will be worked out between sender and receiver.) Any customs or import duties are the responsibility of the recipient. It is expected that all shippers will comply with all postal regulations truthfully and honestly; if you are the recipient do not ask the shipper to incorrectly assess the value or description of the item to avoid any such fees.
3) You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of all components (including box or packaging if it comes in such), language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. As this is a Worldwide Trade, please be extra cautious to list the language of the item if you are reposting from existing items in the OLWLG. If no language is posted in the listing, do NOT assume that the language for the item is one that you speak. If left out, it is the wanter’s responsibility to decide if they want it, but you will limit your audience considerably if you don’t clarify it. If the language is listed, it is your responsibility if you select an item that you cannot understand.
4) You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. I recommend subscribing to your individual geeklist item to see if any questions are being added about it. If you need to add a comment which can in any way be construed as "lessening" the value or desirability of the game, you should instead delete the entry and re-list it. Any downgrades of an item after it has been posted will not be tolerated and may result in that item's want list being blanked by the moderator, at the moderator's discretion.
5) You MAY delete entries if you no longer wish to trade an item. You may NOT edit entries aside from basic clarification. Do not edit any entries if you need to change something significant--delete the entry instead and then re-list it, OR you can edit the entry to include the reference to the new listing but then you are responsible for insuring that you also submit a blank want list for that item. Note: Adding language or version information is NOT considered a downgrade – adding in that it is missing a component or is damaged is.
6) There's no limit to the number of items you may submit to the trade. Duplicate items are allowed – if you are trading multiple of the exact same item please consider using the copies function as described in http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG#toc11
7) Do not use any "Pick X number of games" items. As all items in this trade are single small promos, no entries of this type should be listed.
8) This trade is open to BGG, RPG, and VGG related items, as well as money and geekgold offers. If the item you are offering (including cash equivalents and geek gold) is not included in one of these databases, please use an appropriate +altname+ Description -altname- tag and list these items as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953). Also please specify the type of currency and how monetary transactions will be made (e.g. check, Paypal, etc). If you are offering a gift card, please consider indicating that you will work out some other cash equivalent if you wish your item to be able to be selected by someone outside of your country. You can still get amazon gift cards in various countries, and PayPal is also a viable option if you are so inclined. As this is a Worldwide Trade for items, it is also expected that you make your cash equivalents available Worldwide if your platform supports it. If you are using a transfer platform that has restrictions, please indicate such in your listing to prevent potential confusion, and ideally mention it in the altname as well. For example, if you are using a system that requires possessing a UK bank account, be clear about this in the listing.
9) You MAY link a geekitem notation for a base game if you are adding a promo or related item as long as your description is clear that the base game is not included. Unlike a conventional trade where linking to a non-included item is prohibited, it is not assumed that a large game would be included in the trade and linking to the base game may allow that geeklist item to appear when searching for wishlist items.
10) No geekgold or gift certificate arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift card, currency, or other cash equivalent on the want list for your gift card, currency, or cash equivalent. In other words, trying to trade your €5 for someone else's $12 is prohibited. There are no exceptions. Any occurrences of arbitrage of either GG or GCs in the end results will result in that user's entire wantlist for all entries to be removed. Note: Trading Geek Gold for any kind of cash equivalent is perfectly acceptable.
11) If you intend to "want" a gift card, paypal, or any form of currency in exchange for your item, please be aware that per the terms of BGG that is considered a sale and must be operated through the Marketplace such that BGG gets its 3% commission. If you are concerned about how to do so, please refer to Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them) for further details. Note: This only impacts you if you are the RECIPIENT of the cash equivalent.
12) Please send your items promptly after the trade is complete, once the all clear is given. However, also understand that postal systems in different countries take a differing amount of time. It is not uncommon for some items to take several weeks to arrive. Do NOT wait until you receive any of your items to send yours out – they are usually going to different people anyway.
13) Please use the BGG trade manager to handle all trades. You may initiate the trade on either side, although it is frequently easier for the shipper to initiate the trade to be sure that the item that they are sending is listed as “For Trade”.
14) If there are any issues that arise with the trade or items received, please geekmail me as the Moderator. Do NOT post the information up publicly in the discussion thread. I will do my best to try to resolve the issue, and if that is not successful it can then be escalated to the BGG Admin.
15) Currency exchanges have become slightly more challenging due to changes in policy to one of the major currency means of trade, PayPal. Please note the below update in their policy - there is now a very large minimum transaction fee for international PayPal transfers. It is against the policy of the trade to impose national limits, and therefore you may NOT post a PayPal offer to only include your home country. My recommendation therefore if you are making a cash equivalent offer is to consider providing many options - for example offering an Amazon giftcard for the Amazon of the recipient's home country. Please note that offers MUST include the currency that you are providing, but when actually doing the transaction please confirm with your recipient which currency they wish to RECEIVE. (For example, some users may be located in the UK but prefer to receive PayPal in US dollars. Don't just assume that they would like Pounds.)New PayPal Policy wrote:We’re removing the variable rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the United States when you send money using PayPal balance or your bank account and introducing a new flat fee of $2.99 or $4.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country. However, when you send money using your credit card, debit card, or PayPal credit you will be charged the new flat fee per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 2.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed fee based on the currency.16) Spirit of the Trade. The idea of this trade, beyond simply getting new toys, is to foster a sense of worldwide community. As such, any listings which are found to violate the “Spirit of the Trade” will be removed from the trade. Examples include different terms based around country shipping such as “Box included if shipping within France, otherwise components will be removed and placed in their own envelope” or "bubble packaging will only be used if recipient is domestic". It is NOT considered a violation of this rule to offer an item that is only of use to someone in a particular country (ie, a gift certificate to a store local only to one country, or using a currency transit system not available worldwide), however it is suggested that you try to avoid this sort of listing wherever possible. For example, instead of listing a $10 Coolstuffinc gift card (CSI is a US-based game store), offer the equivalent of $10 US as a virtual gift card to whatever store the wanter desires that doesn’t impose fees. Exception: It is permissible to offer a choice of equivalent items, ie offering a German and an English language version of the same promo and allowing the recipient to choose which version is received.
16. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR ITEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION, CHECK BOXES, AND LANGUAGE. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS ONCE POSTED ARE BINDING.
General information on Maths trades
Math_Trades http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades- If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d...- Another good intro.
Math Trade FAQS for Newbies https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/math-trade-faq-new...
OLWLG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG- Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/32552/outside-the-scope-o...
Packaging Suggestions and Guidelines https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/196679/guide-packaging
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
JeffyJeffs new TradeMaximizer with threading option will be used (unsure what version number this one is using)
TradeMaximizer FAQ: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer# - recommended reading only if you are really interested in the mechanics of how it matches up trades. Not required reading in any sense for participation.
Deadline-Offers: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 23:00 GMT
Deadline-Wants: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 23:00 GMT
- [+] Dice rolls